|12-08-2002, 05:17 PM||#1|
Disabled man wants a game
Disabled man wants a game
Because of severe disabilities, a 27-year-old Tallahassee man spends most of his days at home. He would enjoy any kind of game that moves or makes noise.
He recently moved out of an institution and longs to become more involved in the community. That's difficult, however, as his wheelchair won't fit in his mother's 1989 Dodge Dynasty.
Social workers are seeking an estimated $400 for a tuneup and other car repairs, so the 56-year-old mom can keep up with errands such as supermarket trips.
• Clothing: Men's pants, shirts, underwear (M), shoes, socks (size 7). Women's pants, dresses, underwear (16, 18), shirts (L), shoes, socks (10, 11).
• Other needs: Towels, comforter (twin). Repairs to 1989 Dodge Dynasty (estimated at $400).
• Extras: Game that moves or makes noise.
Grandma needs rides
A 43-year-old Gadsden County woman is raising her 3-year-old grandson. Because of a recent injury on the job, she's squeaking by on workers' compensation.
In order to escape an abusive relationship, she recently moved in with the boy's 66-year-old great-grandmother.
The grandmother hopes to find a rental home soon and start setting up housekeeping. She needs pots, pans and other household items - especially a twin bed or day bed for the child.
Tops on her wish list is transportation to job interviews. A one-way trip to Tallahassee is $7.
• Clothing: Boys' coat, underwear (size 5T), shoes (8Â½).
• Other needs: Turkey dinner. Pots, pans, other housewares. Day bed or twin bed. Sheets, blankets, comforters (twin, queen). Rides to job interviews.
• Extras: Educational toys, microwave oven.
Seeking a Bible
A 36-year-old mother of two has been diagnosed with major depression and other mental illness, including auditory hallucinations.
Nevertheless, she's active in church and devoted to her children.
She's having trouble squeaking by on a very limited income and spends what money she has on her 16-year-old daughter and 19-year-old son.
"(The) client is very humble - does not like asking for help but always appreciates any assistance," a social worker said.
The woman is in dire need of two electric space heaters. For Christmas, she'd like to give her son cologne or shaving lotion and her daughter a Walkman-style radio. And she'd appreciate a large-print Bible.
• Clothing: Women's pants, dresses (sizes 14, 16), shirts (14, 16, L), shoes, socks (8, 9W). Men's pants (32-inch waist, 31-inch inseam), shirts (L), shoes, socks (10).
• Other needs: Two electric space heaters. Sheets, blankets (full).
• Extras: Large-print Bible. Walkman-style radio. Men's cologne or shaving lotion.
Â© 2001 democrat and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.