|06-20-2011, 09:25 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2001
Help with standing chair
Permobil has agreed to to a refund for my standing chair after too many failures. I'm looking at the The Standing Company 1/2 power chair as a replacement. I'd really appreciate everybody's experience.
|06-21-2011, 12:00 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2009
i have had a 1/2 power standing chair from the standing company for 2 years. i am a t-8/9 para and got it for work, thought it woudl be good for reaching things and also doing things around the house when needed. I pretty much don't use it much anymore at all...mostly because i feel i need to be in my manual chair.
1. Stands up pretty easy
2. Feel like it gets me pretty upright when needed.
3. Plenty of freedom. i can move the hand rests when standing and lean over to do many things. As a T-8/9 I can move pretty well.
4. Pretty quick and get around outside pretty darn good.
5. Very comfortable to sit in all day long
6. Great battery life
1. I have been through 2 front casters, they bend easy if you hit a curb wrong.
2. The first one was replaced no problem...the second I felt like the company did not want to really take care of another. Lucky my sales rep was awesome and got it taken care of but i felt like the makers did not really want to replace the second one.
3. The fexible tubing my controller sits on has lost it's flexibility and it hangs out to the side...never called to try to get a replacent as i figured i might get the same response I did about the caster.
4. I feel like the leg "braces" that keep your knees from buckling are way too big and could be made smaller.
Overall i like mine and it stands up pretty easy and turns on a dime. I woudl not shy away from them at all. I just wish they would have taken better care of me on the caster and woudl fix the flex tubing...
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Standing chair or standing frame?||rfbdorf||Equipment||23||10-14-2010 11:23 AM|
|Mobile standing frame or standing chair?||Myc0||Equipment||9||06-30-2006 12:06 PM|
|power chair, standing chair, and adjustable bed||weichman||Equipment & Services||6||09-09-2004 06:48 AM|
|Permobil Standing Chair||Carl R||Life||4||07-10-2002 12:22 AM|
|Standing Chair||badjefft||Care||2||08-18-2001 07:42 PM|