|09-04-2002, 12:37 PM||#1|
They're THE social events of the year
They're THE social events of the year
September 4, 2002
BY MARY CAMERON FREY
The many charitable organizations in our town that serve worthy causes depend upon generous donors to make their work possible.
For the 13th year, the Sun-Times is publishing its Social Calendar, listing fund-raising events of citywide importance in the hope that all Chicagoans will patronize at least one of the activities.
We have included telephone numbers to call for information about the events or to learn of the other ways in which you may aid these worthwhile causes.
Today: Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center at Northwestern University, Chicago's 5th Men's Event, the Palm at the Swissotel (312-616-1000).
* The Apparel Industry Foundation, Focus on Accessories, Prairie Production, 1314 W. Randolph (312-836-1041).
Thursday: Chicago State University, Award Dinner, Hyatt Regency Chicago (773-995-3839).
* Museum of Contemporary Art, Marshall Field's ''An Evening of Fashion and Art,'' at the museum (312-397-3833).
* The Community House, preview party for 44th Hinsdale Antiques Show and Sale, at the House (630-323-7500). Show runs through Sept. 8.
Friday: Ray Graham Foundation, benefit dinner Viva La Salsa, Drury Lane Oakbrook Terrace (630-628-7274).
Saturday: ETA Creative Arts Foundation, gala 2002 benefit, 7558 South Chicago Ave. (773-752-3955).
Sept. 8: Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Auxiliary Council's Street Fest, at the theater (312-654-5672).
Sept. 9: Northwestern Memorial Foundation, Lou Malnati's and Chicago Bears' Wives, 32nd Cancer Benefit, 85 S. Buffalo Grove Rd., Buffalo Grove (312-926-6360).
Sept. 12: Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, 76th Fashion Show, Symphony Center (312-942-6513).
Sept. 13: Japanese American Service Committee, 32nd Fuji Festival, Union League Club (773-275-0097, ext. 23).
Sept. 14: Ronald McDonald House Charities, Awards of Excellence Gala with Celine Dion, Enrique Iglesias, Nick Carter and Josh Groban, Arie Crown Theater (630-623-5603).
* Roosevelt University, Torchlight Gala, Sheraton Chicago Northwest Hotel (312-341-3617).
* Women's Jewelry Association and Chicago Abused Women's Coalition, BeJeweled Gala, Chicago Cultural Center (312-782-7004).
* Easter Seals DuPage, 22nd luncheon and fashion show, Drury Lane Oakbrook Terrace (630-282-2026).
* Children's Home and Aid Society of Illinois, September gala, Saddle & Cycle Club (312-424-6810).
Sept. 15: Children's Memorial Hospital, 5th Ferrari Festival, Italian illage (312-332-7005).
Sept. 17: United Way's Community Fund, Tocqueville Society Recognition Event, Chicago Board of Trade (312-906-2224).
Sept. 20: Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau, Celebrate Chicago Ball, Navy Pier (312-567-8529).
* Chicago Maternity Center of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Legacy Committee dinner, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (312-926-0439).
* *Chicago Symphony Orchestra, opening night, Symphony Center (312-294-3093).
* The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art, Black and White Ball, 756 N. Milwaukee (312-243-9088).
* *Lewis University, Signum Fidei Celebration, at the university (815-836-5244).
* The Chesterfield Community Council, 50 Years of Community Service, Harambee House (773-651-4708).
Sept. 21: Spinal Cord Injury Association of Illinois, Access to Art, Navy Pier (708-352-6223).
* Lyric Opera of Chicago, opening-night performance and ball, Civic Opera House and the Hilton Chicago (312-332-2244).
* Chicago House and Social Service Agency, 12th World Tour, ''A Journey in Time'' with RuPaul, Four Seasons Hotel (773-248-5200).
Sept. 23: Anti-Defamation League, Torch of Liberty Award dinner honoring Charlie Trotter, Navy Pier (312-782-5080).
Sept. 27: La Rabida Children's Hospital, Friends fund-raiser, ''Hooray for Hollywood,'' Four Seasons Hotel (773-753-9606).
* Mercy Foundation, 35th Mercy dinner dance, Hilton Chicago (312-567-2115).
* Grace Episcopal Church, preview party of 2002 Decorators' Showcase House, Hinsdale (630-654-3770). House will be open for viewing through Oct. 20.
* DIFFA Chicago and the Auxiliary Board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Residential and Office Furniture Sample Sale at the Merchandise Mart (312-926-6360). Sale continues through Sept. 28.
Sept. 28: Cancer Wellness Center, "The Spirit of Rhythm," Hilton Chicago (866-292-9355).
* The Cradle, The Cradle Ball, Four Seasons Hotel (847-733-3234).
* Chicago Botanic Garden, fourth Harvest Ball, at the gardens (847-835-6944).
* Arthritis Foundation, Greater Chicago Chapter, black-tie gala honoring Deborah Norville, Field Museum (312-626-3478).
* Chicago Cares and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Latin Dance Revue 2002, Athenaeum Theatre (312-427-2572). Also, at 3 p.m. Sept. 29.
Sept. 29: Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, Fall Auction at Mettawa Manor (312-739-0120, ext. 44).
* Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center, Women's Board fashion show, Hilton Chicago (773-947-7525).
Oct. 1: Children's Memorial Hospital, Children's Service Board's Gold Coast Fashion Show, Hilton Chicago (773-880-6871).
* Working in the Schools, fall benefit featuring Frank Sinatra Jr., Hilton Chicago (312-751-9487).
* Hull House Association, annual dinner, Hyatt Regency Chicago (312-906-8600).
Oct. 3: Casa Central, 2002 Award Dinner honoring Ronald Gidwitz, Westin Chicago River North Hotel (312-553-2000).
* Columbia College Chicago, Hollis Sigler Memorial Fund, Benefit preview of ''To Kiss the Spirits,'' Artemisia Gallery (312-663-1124).
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Communications 75th Anniversary gala and dinner hosted by Roger Ebert, Four Seasons Hotel (312-944-3002).
Oct. 4: Lakefront SRO, More Than a Roof Gala, Drake Hotel, (773-561-3800).
* The Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago, opening night of Trisha Brown Dance Company, at Columbia College College (312-344-8300).
* Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, First Dance with the Dancers/Salsa Party, Chicago Cultural Center (312-739-0120, ext. 44).
Oct. 5: Museum of Science and Industry, Columbian Ball, at the museum (773-684-9844).
* Lookingglass Theatre, Gglassquerade, Chicago Cultural Center (847-251-6667).
* Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Pink Ribbon Gala, Drake Hotel (708) 544-1039).
* The Roger Baldwin Foundation of the ACLU, fund-raising dinner, Hyatt Regency Chicago (312-201-9740, ext. 303).
Oct. 6: The American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of Science, dinner honoring David Radler, Donald Trump speaker, Hilton Chicago (312-641-5700).
Oct. 7: The Goodman Theatre, opening night of ''Beard of Avon'' and gala, the Standard Club and the Goodman Theatre (312) 443-3811).
Oct. 10: Lawyers for the Creative Art, luncheon, Palmer House (312-649-4111).
* Junior Achievement of Chicago, Chicago Business Hall of Fame dinner, Museum of Science and Industry (312-715-1300, ext. 260).
* Chicago Public Library Foundation, Carl Sandburg Literary Award dinner honoring Joyce Carol Oates, Harold Washington Library Center (312-201-9830).
* YWCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Leader Luncheon 2002, Hyatt Regency Chicago (312-372-6600, ext. 237).
* Latino Initiatives for the Next Century, 3rd Scholarship Dinner, Hyatt Regency Chicago (877-510-LINC).
* March of Dimes/Birth Defects Foundation, Star Chefs of Chicago, Sheraton Chicago Hotel (312-596-4720).
Oct. 11: United Cerebral Palsy, Woman's Board 35th Anniversary Gambol, Drake Hotel (312-368-0380).
* Meals on Wheels Chicago, Treasured Vintages Wine Auction, Four Seasons Hotel (312-742-0913).
* Cystic Fibrosis Foundation-Greater Illinois Chapter, Chocolate Affair, Germania Place (800-824-5064).
Oct. 12: Pediatric AIDS Chicago, Bound By Hope, Harold Washington Library (847-251-3818).
Oct. 13: Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies, annual dinner, Hilton Chicago (312-322-1746).
Oct. 15: Friends of Israel Defense Forces, gala dinner, Hilton Chicago (312-372-8500).
Oct. 17: River North Chicago Dance Company, 2002 benefit dinner ''Red Hot & Oh So Cool,'' Merle Reskin Theatre and Hilton Chicago (312-553-2000).
* Chicago chapter of the Achievement Rewards for College Scientists Foundation, Four Seasons Hotel (312-988-6141).
* The Employment Project, benefit, the Black Orchid (773-832-4080.)
* Chicago Center for a Creative Culture, annual benefit, the Tasting Room (773-750-3703).
* Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, Women's Night at the Joffrey, Auditorium Theatre (312-739-0120, ext. 44).
Oct. 18: Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, Young Professionals Night at the Joffrey, Auditorium Theatre (312-739-0120, ext 31).
Oct. 19: Mercy Home for Boys & Girls, RingSide for Mercy's Sake, Chicago Marriott Downtown (312-738-9245).
* Children Affected by AIDS Foundation, Dream Halloween, Windy City Fieldhouse (312-409-0600).
* Chicago Junior Chamber of Commerce, Masque Ball, Field Museum (773-263-4255).
* Renaissance Society at the University of Chicago, benefit auction, the Montgomery (773-702-8670).
Oct. 21: Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago, 2002 Chairmen's Dinner honoring Norman Bobins, Hilton Chicago (312-553-2000).
Oct. 23: Heartland Institute, 18th anniversary benefit, Hilton Chicago (312-377-4000).
* Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, 2002 Environmental Awards Luncheon, Renaissance Chicago Hotel (312-553-2000).
Oct. 24: Today's Chicago Woman Foundation, Twenty at N9NE, N9NE Restaurant (312-951-7600, ext. 109).
* Providence St. Mel School, 2002 Annual Celebration Dinner, Hyatt Regency Chicago (312-553-2000).
* Northwestern Memorial Foundation, opening-night benefit of SOFA/Chicago, Navy Pier (312-926-0450).
* Art Resources in Teaching, "An Evening About Exploring Connections," Arts, Creativity and Education, at the Art Institute of Chicago (312-332-0355).
Oct. 25: Chicago Cultural Center Foundation, Halloween Ball, at the Cultural Center (312-744-1552).
* The Cara Program, "A Celebration of Hope," Hyatt Regency Chicago (773-528-4632).
* CharitaBulls, Tip-Off Luncheon, Hyatt Regency Hotel (312-455-4000.)
* Fairygodmother Foundation, third Boo Ball, Newberry Library (773-388-1160).
Oct. 26: Advocate Hope Children's Hospital, "Hearts for Hope All Hallows Eve Ball," Willowbrook Ballroom, Willow Springs (708-346-3764).
* Cancer Treatment Research Foundation, National City Bank Gala 2002, Hyatt Regency Chicago (847-342-7450).
* Apple Tree Theatre, Big Band Bash, at the theater (847-432-8223).
* Chicago Children's Museum, "Be A Kid Again Gala," at the museum (312-464-7698).
* Urban Gateways, Center for Arts Education 2002 Gala, South Shore Cultural Center (312-922-0440).
* Mount Sinai Medical Institute Council, annual fund-raiser, Bacchus (773-257-6071).
Oct. 27: Alliance Against Intoxicated Motorists, 12th benefit, Maggiano's in Schaumburg (847-240-0027).
Oct. 28: Midtown Educational Foundation, Reach for Excellence award dinner, Four Seasons Hotel (312-553-2000).
Oct. 30: Gateway Foundation, 2002 Citizen of the Year dinner, Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers (312-553-2000).
Oct. 31: Anti-Cruelty Society, Howl-Ween Party, Pops for Champagne (312-644-8338, ext. 301).
* Chicago Humanities Festival, through Nov. 10, 20 sites (312-661-1028).
* Field Museum, Field Associates' Halloween Celebration, at the museum (312-665-7100).
Nov. 1: Friends of Conservation, The Conservation Ball, Hotel Inter-Continental (630-954-3388).
* Chicago Humanities Festival, Richard Rodgers Concert, Symphony Hall (312-661-1028).
* Winnetka Community House, preview party for the Modernism Show, at the Community House (847-446-0537). Show runs through Nov. 3.
* American Brain Tumor Association, "September Surprise" dinner and fashion show, Drury Lane Oakbrook Terrace (847-827-9910).
* Fashion Group International, annual gala, Ritz-Carlton Hotel (312-372-4811).
Nov. 2: Chicago Urban League, 41st Golden Fellowship Dinner, Hilton Chicago (773-451-3518).
* Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, 21st Amicus Certus Award dinner, Four Seasons Hotel (847-635-4600).
* Chicago Bar Foundation, annual fall benefit, Field Museum (312-554-1204).
* Midwest Brain Injury Clubhouse, "Celebrating Independence," North Shore Country Club (847-696-0482).
* Adler Planetarium and Astronomy Museum, Women's Board's eighth Celestial Ball, at the Planetarium (312-322-0524).
Nov. 6: Rush Neurobehavioral Center, sixth benefit dinner honoring Frederick A. Krehbiel, Four Seasons Hotel (312-553-2000).
* Jewish Community Centers of Chicago, concert featuring Pinchas Zukerman and the National Arts Centre Orchestra of Canada, Orchestra Hall (312-357-4700).
Nov. 7: American Ireland Fund, 18th "Night of Awakening Dreams," Hilton Chicago (312-553-2000).
* March of Dimes-Birth Defects Foundation, Suburban Chef's Auction, Seven Bridges (312-596-4722).
Nov. 8: Art Institute of Chicago Woman's Board 50th anniversary celebration, Renaissance Party with Cosimo I de'Medici and Michelangelo, at the museum (312-443-3624).
* Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Auxiliary Board's "Moondance," Chicago Historical Society (312-926-6360.)
* The Service Club of Chicago, "La Dolce Vita! A Venetian Masquerade," Four Seasons Hotel (312-603-6237).
* Victory Gardens Theater, 22nd Casting Auction, at the theater (773-549-5788, ext. 105).
* Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine, Sword of Loyola award dinner, Hilton Chicago (312-915-7290).
Nov. 9: University of Chicago Cancer Research Foundation, Women's Board 36th Grand Auction, Four Seasons Hotel (773-834-1387).
* Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago, Associate Board's Black and White Ball, Studio 501 (312-258-1604).
* Heartland Alliance, dinner dance, Hyatt Regency Chicago (312-660-1314).
* Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation, gala benefit, Fairmont Hotel (312-926-0439).
* School of the Art Institute of Chicago, BareWalls 2002, 847 W. Jackson (312-899-7445).
* Chicago Cares, "The Big Shindig," Three Arts Club (312-780-0800).
Nov. 10: United Negro College Fund-Chicago Inter-Alumni Council, 2002 Ebony Fashion Fair, Arie Crown Theater (312-845-2200).
Nov. 13: Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, 11th Burnham Awards dinner, Hilton Chicago (312-553-2000).
* Greater Chicago Food Depository, Bag Hunger Auction, Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers (773-247-3663, ext. 3054).
* Bolshoi Ballet, opening-night gala benefit, the tent at Millennium Park and the Auditorium Theatre (312-922-2110).
Nov. 14: Hazelden Chicago, ninth Awards Dinner, Four Seasons Hotel (312-553-2000).
* Children's Memorial Hospital, ArtisTrees, Winter Garden at Harold Washington Library Center (773-880-6307).
Nov. 15: Shelter Inc., City Lights 2002, Hyatt Regency Woodfield (847-590-6188).
* Field Museum Women's Board presents "The Bamboo Ball," at the museum (312-665-7100).
* The Junior League of Chicago, Gazebo Holiday Market, Bailey Auditorium (312-664-4462).
Nov. 16: Prevent Child Abuse America, Gold and Silver ''Crystal Ball,'' Ritz-Carlton Chicago (312-663-3520).
* National Kidney Foundation of Illinois, Gift of Life gala, Four Seasons Hotel (312-663-3103).
* Misericordia Heart of Mercy, Mercy Ball, Navy Pier (847-486-0736.)
Nov. 17: Columbia College Chicago, Asian Arts and Media Center, fifth anniversary celebration, Chicago Cultural Center (312-244-8213).
Nov. 18: American Refugee Committee, annual Chicago fund-raiser, Hilton Chicago (312-552-3753).
Nov. 21: Chicago Abused Women Coalition, Chicago Coalition for the Homeless, Chicago Communities in Schools, Children's Place Association and Pediatric AIDS Chicago, 13th Celebrity Chair Auction, Drake Hotel (312-527-5948).
* School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Holiday Art Sale Preview Party, 112 S. Michigan (312-629-1359).
* Maryville Academy, Standing Tall Awards dinner, Hyatt Regency Chicago (847-284-2806).
Nov. 23: Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Theta Mu Lambda Charitable Foundation, 13th Black and Gold Ball, Holiday Inn Select Hotel and Convention Center (708-332-9608).
Nov. 24: Goodman Theatre, "A Christmas Carol," luncheon at the Renaissance Chicago Hotel followed by performance at the theater (312-443-3811).
Nov. 26: Greater Chicago Food Depository, Sharing It Day, Merchandise Mart (312-800-677-6278).
Nov. 30: The Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans, 34th Heritage Ball and Cotillion for Italian Ladies, Hilton Chicago (708-450-9050).
Dec. 2: AIDS Foundation of Chicago, "The Chocolate Affair," Chicago Cultural Center (312-922-2322).
Dec. 4: Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, "Winter Wonderwalk," a holiday tour of homes (847-234-4300, ext. 224).
* Global Alliance for Africa, holiday party, HotHouse (312-382-0607).
Dec. 5: Friends of Lincoln Park, "A Hothouse Holiday and WreathArt" auction, Lincoln Park Conservatory (312-883-7275).
Dec. 6: Catholic Charities of Chicago, Spirit of St. Nicholas Ball, Hilton Chicago (312-655-7722).
Dec. 7: Jewish Children's Bureau, North Shore Auxiliary's "One Enchanted Evening" dinner dance (312-357-4574).
* Children's Memorial Hospital Junior Council's "Snowball," Mid-Day Club at Bank One Building (773-880-6875).
* Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, "Nutcracker" Family Luncheon, Hilton Chicago and Auditorium Theatre (312-739-0120, ext. 44).
Dec. 8: Iota Phi Lambda Sorority, jazz brunch, Harambee House (773-821-8337).
Dec. 12: Children's Memorial Hospital Woman's Board's "Children Celebrate Children," Navy Pier (773-880-6307).
Dec. 14: Children's Memorial Hospital, Medical Research Institute Council's 2002 Children's Ball, Hilton Chicago(773-880-8206).
* Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, "Chance of a Lifetime Gala," McCormick Place (312-670-0313).
Dec. 15: Women's Treatment Center, benefit performance of ''Suessical the Musical,'' Cadillac Palace Theatre (312-633-4951).
Dec. 21: Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Woman's Board, Passavant Cotillion and Christmas Ball, Hilton Chicago (312-926-9138).
Dec. 31: Chicago Symphony Orchestra, "New Year's Eve with Count Basie," Symphony Center (322-294-3000).
Jan. 18: Thresholds, "Young At Heart" benefit, Chicago Children's Museum (773-472-4581).
Jan. 26: Illinois Saint Andrews Society, annual Robert Burns dinner, location to be announced (708-447-5092).
Jan. 27: March of Dimes-Birth Defects Foundation, Fox Sports Net Sports Awards, Hilton Chicago (312) 596-4722).
Jan. 31: Concern Worldwide, Brigid Awards Luncheon, Drake Hotel (312-527-0679).
Feb. 1: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, sixth "Grand Chefs Gala," Fairmont Chicago (312-236-4491).
* Horizons for Youth, "On Cloud Nine" with Paige's Angels, Chicago Historical Society (312-627-9031).
Feb. 4: Field Museum, opening of the "Baseball as America" exhibition, at the museum (312-665-7100).
Feb. 7: Starlight Children's Foundation Midwest, Dream Date Auction, Park West (312-251-7827).
Feb. 11: American Heart Association, Women's Legacy Luncheon, Hilton Chicago (312-346-4675).
Feb. 13: Chicago Auto Show, benefitting multiple Chicago charities, McCormick Place (630-424-1636).
Feb. 14: Art Institute of Chicago, gala for ''A Century of Collection: African-American Art in the Art Institute of Chicago,'' at the museum (312-443-3624).
Feb. 21: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Wine Auction 2003, Civic Opera House (312-827-5682).
* Shelter Inc., 19th Art Auction, Schaumburg Marriott (847-590-6188).
* Riverside Foundation, 27th Silver Starlight Gala, Marriott Lincolnshire Resort (847-634-3973).
Feb. 22: Legion of Young Polish Women Scholarhip Fund, 64th White and Red Ball, Hilton Chicago (773-478-0851).
* SOS Children's Village Illinois, "Metropolitan--A Retro Good Time," Studio 501 (312-895-6163).
Feb. 27: School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Ox-Bow spring benefit, 847 W. Jackson (312-629-1663).
* Center for Conflict Resolution, annual gala, School of the Art Institute of Chicago (312-922-6464, ext. 11).
March 1: Chicago Youth Centers, "The March Mosaic," Hilton Chicago (312-648-1550, ext. 431).
* Resurrection Health Care, the Monarch Ball, Hilton Chicago (773-665-3441).
March 2: Special Olympics Chicago, Chicago Polar Plunge, North Avenue Beach (312-527-3743).
March 6-9: Winnetka Community House, preview party of the Winnetka Antiques Show, at the Community House (847-446-0537).
March 7: Chicago Urban Horticultural Foundation, preview party for the Chicago Flower Show, Navy Pier (312-744-7080).
* Saint Xavier University, President's Scholarship Ball, Drake Hotel (773-298-3311).
March 8: Chicago Architecture Foundation annual gala, South Shore Cultural Center (312-922-3432, ext. 295).
* Harvard Club of Chicago, annual award dinner, Drake Hotel (847-256-1211).
March 13: Anti-Defamation League, "Women of Achievement" dinner, Hilton Chicago (312-782-5080).
March 14: The Illinois Eye Bank, Gift of Sight Gala, Ritz-Carlton Hotel (312-431-3333).
March 28: School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Hot Spot 2003, 847 W. Jackson (312-899-7445).
April 4: Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, 25th Anniversary Gala, Ford Center for the Performing Arts/Oriental Theatre and Hilton Chicago (312-850-9744).
April 5: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation-Greater Illinois Chapter, 19th "Casino Fling," Palmer House Hilton (800-824-5064).
April 8: Facing History and Ourselves, annual dinner, Westin Chicago River North (312-726-4500).
April 10: Chicago Botanic Garden, Antiques and Garden Fair Preview at the Botanic Garden (847-242-6310).
April 12: Ray Graham Association, fashion show, the Carlisle (630-628-7274).
* American Heart Association, Heart Ball, Navy Pier (312-346-4675).
April 13: Meals on Wheels Chicago, Celebrity Chef Brunch, Hilton Chicago (312-744-2120).
April 18: DIFFA Chicago and the auxiliary board of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, spring sample sale, the Merchandise Mart (312-926-6360).
April 22: Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, performance and gala, Auditorium Theatre and Hilton Chicago (312-739-0120).
April 23: Working in the Schools, opening-night performance of "The Lion King," Cadillac Palace Theater (312-751-9487).
* Field Museum Women's Board luncheon (312-665-7100).
April 24: Apparel Industry Board Chicago "...We're Red Hot," Hilton Chicago (312-836-1041).
* Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Chicago International Antiques and Fine Art Fair, preview party, Merchandise Mart (800-677-6278).
April 25: Clearbrook, Shining Star Ball, Four Seasons Hotel (847-385-5013).
* Joffrey Ballet of Chicago, performance at the Auditorium Theatre, dinner following at location to be announced (312-739-0120).
April 26: Christopher House, 13th "House With a Heart" gala, Hyatt Regency Chicago (773-472-1083).
April 27: Chicago House and Social Service Agency, "Every House Needs a Garden," Harold Washington Library Center (773-248-5200, ext. 304).
May 2: Music of the Baroque, benefit gala 2003, Four Seasons Hotel (312-551-1415).
* Chicago Sinfonietta, 16th anniversary benefit, Hyatt Regency Chicago (312-236-3681, ext. 11).
* Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, "Butterfly Ball," at the museum (773-755-5100).
May 3: School of the Art Institute of Chicago auxiliary board's gala, "The Object of Art," 111 S. Michigan (312-899-5211).
* AIDS Foundation of Chicago, "Not Just Song and Dance," Hilton Chicago (312-922-2322).
* Infant Welfare Society of Chicago, Near North Chapter, 49th "Run for the Roses," site to be announced (312-751-2800, ext. 242).
May 4: Apple Tree Theatre, 20th anniversary celebration, location to be announced (847-432-8223).
May 8: DePaul University, the Theatre School's 15th Awards for Excellence in the Arts Gala, Merle Reskin Theatre and Hilton Chicago (773-325-7938).
* Museum of Contemporary Art, "Vernissage '03," Navy Pier (312-397-4080).
May 9: Victory Gardens Theater, 13th "Chicago Stories," Four Seasons Hotel (773-549-5788, ext. 105).
May 10: Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, Conge 2003 benefit, at the academy (847-234-4300, ex 226).
* Howard Area Community Center, 17th spring gala, North Shore Country Club (773-743-6975).
* Alzheimer's Association, 16th Chicago Rita Hayworth Gala, location to be announced (847-304-9004).
* The Christopher Zorich Foundation, Mother's Day Luncheon, Lawry's the Prime Rib (312-494-1459).
May 15: Centre East and the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts Foundation, "Forbidden Broadway," Centre East (847-679-9501, ext. 3102).
* Women's Treatment Center, Meet the Stars of the Women's Treatment Center, Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront (312-633-4951).
May 16: Erikson Institute, the Prism Ball, Hilton Chicago (312-755-2250).
May 22: School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Gene Siskel Film Center, second anniversary benefit, 164 N. State (312-846-2072).
May 30: Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago, Summer Ball, Millennium Park (312-258-8694).
* Court Theatre, 2003 annual gala benefit, Four Seasons Hotel (773-834-0941).
May 31: Anti-Cruelty Society, "It's Raining Cats and Dogs" gala, ACS Education & Training Center (312-644-8338, ext. 341).
* Fairy Godmother Foundation, fifth anniversary gala, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (773-388-1160).
June 3: Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Corporate Night, Symphony Center (312-294-3000).
June 6: Lincoln Park Zoo Auxiliary Board spring benefit, at the zoo (312-742-2182).
June 7: Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Friends of Prentice, annual gala, Navy Pier (312-926-0444).
* Starlight Children's Foundation Midwest, "Toyland" gala, Hotel Inter-Continental (312-251-7827).
June 14: DIFFA Chicago, annual gala, Hilton Chicago (312-926-4016).
* John G. Shedd Aquarium, Wild Reef Gala, at the aquarium (312-692-3156).
June 19: Chicago Horticultural Society Women's Board, ''A Rare Affair,'' Chicago Botanic Garden (847-835-8353).
June 20: Field Museum, Field Associates annual gala, "Baseball as America," at the museum (312-665-7100).
June 21: Northwestern Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Board's "Summer Sizzler," courtyard of Weiboldt Hall (312-926-6360).
* Evanston Northwestern Healthcare annual gala, Baxter International (847-570-5095).
June 28: Goodman Theatre, annual benefit, performance of ''Gold'' and dinner (312-443-3811).
* Sinai Health System, Chicago Sizzle, Hilton Chicago (773-257-6404).
July 11: Lincoln Park Zoo, Woman's Board Zoo Ball 2003, "Carnevale! Anamali! A Venetian Masked Ball," at the zoo (312-742-2182).
July 12: Leukemia Research Foundation, annual medical awards dinner, Donald E. Stephens Convention Center (847-424-0600).
August 8: Junior League of Chicago, "Summer Soiree," Chicago Historical Society (312-664-4462).
"Experience teaches that, of all the emotions, fear stands alone in its power to move us, or to capture us in its grip forever. In a world of terrors, there is nothing more fearsome that the unknown...especially when what is unknown is ourselves." Outer Limits(Fear Itself)
|09-05-2002, 09:41 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Brunswick, NJ, USA
That is a really great coincidence that all these people have the same birthday as Christopher. Wise.