|08-30-2001, 04:27 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Brunswick, NJ, USA
A drink of water, anyone?
A good friend recently forwarded this to me. It has some startling factoids... I think I am going to drink more water! Wise.
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:45:24 EDT
Subject: read the part about water vs. coke its very interesting
To: email@example.com, JwsCratongroup@aol.com, Waltier@aol.com
I am forwarding this message on because it agrees with everything I have been learning over the past few years about the importance of giving your body enough water (since we are 75% water!). From my own experience I can tell you that going from drinking 1-2 glasses of water to drinking about a gallon of water everyday has made a huge difference....no more headaches, enhanced mental clarity, concentration, and memory, softer skin, etc. If anyone wants to learn more about the importance of water for our health I would recommend reading "Your Bodies Many Cries For Water" by, F. Batmanghelidj. It is available at <http://www.watercure.com>www.watercure.com
Subject: WATER VS COKE
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:24:40 -0700
(THIS IS KINDA INTERESTING...)
We all know water is important, but I have never seen it written down like
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often
mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100%
of the dieters studied in a U. of Washington study.
5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could
significantly ease Back and Joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble
with basic math and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or printed
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decr! eases the risk of colon cancer by
45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79% and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer Are you drinking the amount of water you
should be every day?
1. In many of the U.S. states the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke
in their truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be dissolved in
3. To clean a toilet: pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let
the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke
removes stains from vitreous china
4. To remove rust spots from chrome bumpers: rub the bumper with a
rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: pour a can of Coke over
the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in C! oke to the rusted bolts
for several minutes.
7. To ! bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coke into the baking pan.wrap the ham
in aluminum foil and bake. 30 minutes before the ham is done, remove the
foil allowing the drippings to mix with the coke for a sumptuous brown
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy
clothes, add detergent, run through the regular cycle. The Coke will help
loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your car windshield.
For your information
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its ph is 2.8 . It will
dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric Acid also leaches calcium
from our bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup concentrate, the commercial truck must display
the Hazardous Material cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of Coke have been using it for years to clean the
engines of! their trucks.....about 20 years!
Now the question is: Want a glass of water or a Coke?