Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: c4-5 nightime safety

The phone is called Ameriphone RC remote control speakerphone. The phone number listed is 800 552 3368. They should be able to give you more info. I never really had to inquire about it due to someone at Shepherd's figured I needed it and had it ordered for me. Actually it's just like the phones they have in the rooms at Shepherds.

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    Sounds interesting, I'd like to know more about it.
    Contact the phone company. In Massachusetts they're required to offer accessible phones for those that need it. They cost about $600 if I remember correctly, and the phone company provide it for free.
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffie
    The phone is called Ameriphone RC remote control speakerphone. The phone number listed is 800 552 3368. They should be able to give you more info. I never really had to inquire about it due to someone at Shepherd's figured I needed it and had it ordered for me. Actually it's just like the phones they have in the rooms at Shepherds.
    Thanks Buffie, I'm gonna try to get one.
    Do you sound funny talking on it?
    I have a cheap speaker phone but everyone says I sound funny.

I have that same phone, and it is wonderful! No you do not sound funny on it, because it is a high-quality speakerphone. Being a voice activated when someone calls in, and having pillow-switch or a puff-switch to be able to dial out, you can't ask for anything better. Depending on what state you're in (Texas has a form that you can fill out, that will get you one for free as long as you pay taxes on utilities)

Quote Originally Posted by crppled007
    I have that same phone, and it is wonderful! No you do not sound funny on it, because it is a high-quality speakerphone. Being a voice activated when someone calls in, and having pillow-switch or a puff-switch to be able to dial out, you can't ask for anything better. Depending on what state you're in (Texas has a form that you can fill out, that will get you one for free as long as you pay taxes on utilities)
    Thanks that would be cool. Taxes on utilities? confused.

C4 here and I spend the night alone. However I have an ECU consisting of a Kincontrol and Unidialer. They are operated via a switch mounted on an arm. The switch is placed close to my chin at night so that I can trigger the device.

Here in British Columbia there is a nonprofit society, Technology for Independent Living (TIL) that supplies the equipment on a loan basis indefinitely.

http://www.bcits.org/aboutus/til.htm

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    I have an intercom system for inside assisstance. Easiest solution:
    Use your cordless phone with an earpiece.. if you can dial. I think they make some voice activated ones. I use mine if I need to make calls after I'm in bed, but I'm never left alone.
    How come you are never left alone after you are in bed?I have my hospital bed table a panasonic cordless phone [base 2 phones and intercom].I let my sis and ,mom to sleep after 11 pm.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad
    C4 here and I spend the night alone. However I have an ECU consisting of a Kincontrol and Unidialer. They are operated via a switch mounted on an arm. The switch is placed close to my chin at night so that I can trigger the device.

Here in British Columbia there is a nonprofit society, Technology for Independent Living (TIL) that supplies the equipment on a loan basis indefinitely.

http://www.bcits.org/aboutus/til.htm
    Cool gadget Van Quad. Nice of them to loan it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels
    Thanks that would be cool. Taxes on utilities? confused.
    When I was at Baylor they told me if I pay electric bill. I'll find out the form and post a link.

I have a live-in, who is a light sleeper and always within earshot. I have to admit I wouldn't like to be completely alone in the house over night.