Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: c4-5 nightime safety

Quote Originally Posted by crppled007
    When I was at Baylor they told me if I pay electric bill. I'll find out the form and post a link.
    Okay thanks!

California has a program that will provide you with a hands-free phone if that is all you can use, but you still have to pay for phone service, and they don't provide an entire ECU...just a phone. We all pay a small tax each month on our regular phone bills that funds this program. Many other states have a similar program.

(KLD)

Ok, here ya go. This is for Texas residents ONLY. Under the first section labeled 'Telephone Access (STAP)' it's General Application. You can d'load the app in a Word file, also read the Instructions on what to do.

http://www.dars.state.tx.us/dhhs/dhhsforms.shtml

After you fill out the app, mail it in, 2-3 weeks later your RC-2000 phone will arrive. Good luck
    cripp

Thanks very much, Mona

I have my PC on a bedside table and put it across my bed with the monitor and microphone in front of me. I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking version 8 to access the Internet. I use an Internet telephone program named Skype with my dragon to make telephone calls with voice commands.
    I found the program named Powerhome that can be programmed to send X10 commands as well as learn any remote control such as television, cable box, DVD player. To send the IR commands I use a piece of hardware named Usbuirt that plugs into the USB port. Powerhome costs about $80 and the Usbuirt cost $60. I control my lights, fan, electric heater, and other plugged in devices with the X10.
    I found a wireless remote hardware that has a small button that will fit in my palm that will turn the computer on and off as well as reset it. I can't remember the name of the product but it's about $30 online.
    Although nothing is failsafe that uses a PC, I am able to call on the telephone, television, radio, DVD player, fan, heater, etc. using the computer with voice recognition. I also have an Ameriphone RC 200 with the pillow switch where I can hit it with my elbow.
    If you have questions, please e-mail me. hos55x@yahoo.com
    Wayne

When I'm in bed and home alone I keep my bluetooth earbud on for my cell phone, when I press the button on it it calls the last number dialed which I set as AT&T's voice dial service.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder