Thread: 90 Days in Bed and $5,000/m from NASA

90 Days in Bed and $5,000/m from NASA

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...ffers-500.html
    NASA Offers $5000 a Month For You to Lie in Bed

UPDATE 05/09: According to a Q&A we did with the study's head scientist, you can, in fact, play World of Warcraft or any other computer game while taking part in the study. Check out the full question-and-answer session for answers to all your questions, i.e. conjugal visits, food, and TV.

Need a break from the working, walking, and standing required by the demanding and stressful life you lead?

Well, pack your bags for Houston because NASA wants to pay you $17,000 to stay in bed for 90 straight days.

The bed-rest experiment, to take place in the Human Test Subject Facility of Johnson Space Center, is designed to allow scientists to study some of the effects of microgravity on the human body. We read on the Bed Rest Study website:
    Apply here: http://www.bedreststudy.com/Apply.aspx
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Hey ..... wonder if they would take some of the people here who are on bed rest anyway!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Hahaha, here's our fundraiser for our cure.
    Oops I just read it we don't qualify
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Blog Entries
    Take care of that tush then
    Pressure sores can put ya down for a lot more than 3 months and you don't get reimbursed

I was checking into the whole Mars Mission extended isolation thing that is being done, last year. Alas, ya gotta be a fit specimen. I r in my mind, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    I'd go nuts.
    I wouldn't (hehe)
    I think it was a joke Capn, read what you have to do in the study.
    If it wasn't I'm a perv (as usual)
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Blog Entries
    Yepper, I read about it last year and today. It's a real study. I've had a couple of extended downtimes, I survived(I think) and I was all 'I can do that with 1 leg tied behind my back'. Thought I had found some easy money, lol.
    Heck, I'd consider being the boss on a trip to Mars, if I thought we'd stand a good chance of making it back. Are you game?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    Heck, I'd consider being the boss on a trip to Mars, if I thought we'd stand a good chance of making it back. Are you game?
    I'm game. I would love to travel to other planets.
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

Blog Entries
    Yeah BUDDY! And from what I've seen, Mars is wheelchair friendly for the most part. We need some less-bulky suits though, I'd have a hard time squeezing in my SpazzG with the present ones
    If we could solve the shielding problems, I'd go in a heartbeat. Can you just imagine how great it would be! Maybe they can come up with a self-cleaning, super-slick glove for us