Thread: Anybody have any new feedback on the Freedom Ryder FRH-1?

Exclamation Anybody have any new feedback on the Freedom Ryder FRH-1?

I still really like this bike and might get one at some point (I sure do wish it were not so expensive) but I think from looking at it, that it might make a good racing bike. I'm still running my old Varna (10 years old now) which I really like and I am very fast on it, but its so darn heavy its a lot of working climbing steep hills. A lighter Handcycle would really help out in this regard. I tried a Quickie Shark, did not like it, same with the XLT Pro and the XLT Gold, so the FRH-1 might be the Handcycle. I'd really like to try one out, but the only way Freedom Ryder tells me I can do this is to buy it and if I dont like it return it within the 30 day trial period. Anybody riding one of these and could you give me some details on it? It sure does look like a sweet bike. I really like the way the whole front section removes to easily, I could get this into my mitsubishi eclipse hatchback no problem where as right now both my Handcycles require me driving my truck whenever I transport them to places for rides.
    Last edited by Curt Leatherbee; 05-10-2008 at 11:33 PM.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

can't help you, but it sure does look nice. What was it that you didn't like about the Top End bikes? This looks similar to the Gold, but with a greater amount of adjustability options. I'd like to demo the rest freedom rider line-up (since I may be in the market for a new bike), but don't know how to do that.

I know it is kind of a problem demoing the Freedom Ryders unless you live in Colorado where the sales rep "Steve Ackerman" lives. Their other bikes are nice too, the rest of their line up is all lean steers which some people like better as it has more of the feel of riding a regular bike as you are leaning and balancing and all, although a little harder to learn to ride at first, probabley more of a fun factor.

The top end I had was around a 4 year old Pro model and it was way too high up, handled horrible, had a funny crank position and the V Cranks where way too wide for me, might be better suite for the incredable hulk who has very broad shoulders, lol. I understand on the new Pro's they have corrected these problems, they are lower, more narrow V crank.

The Gold I feel is better for lower injuries as you are sitting fairly upright and need your abs for more of a pull. Its rideable, I 'm just not very fast on that bike.

At least with my injury (T4) I am better suited for a lay back handcycle as a racer, the FRH seat could be reclined back and the crank moved closer and it would suit my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyMearig
    can't help you, but it sure does look nice. What was it that you didn't like about the Top End bikes? This looks similar to the Gold, but with a greater amount of adjustability options. I'd like to demo the rest freedom rider line-up (since I may be in the market for a new bike), but don't know how to do that. I'd probabley drop the seat back all the way back.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

You want feedback on the FRH-1, well....I DON'T HAVE MINE YET, QUIT TEASING ME!!!

I talked to Steve Ackerman last Thursday and they should be shipping it this next week. I can guarantee a review when I get it from assembly to transferring to riding.
    Kurt (& anyone else), if you're ever in my area, I'll be glad to let you take a ride.

Mike
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Hope the trial goes well! I will be waiting to here your opinion. I'm looking for one and haven't a clue what I need.

Thanks Mike, I'm really thinking about getting one myself. If anybody is interested in my Varna, I'm selling it. See the Equipment for sale section.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMike
    You want feedback on the FRH-1, well....I DON'T HAVE MINE YET, QUIT TEASING ME!!!

I talked to Steve Ackerman last Thursday and they should be shipping it this next week. I can guarantee a review when I get it from assembly to transferring to riding.
    Kurt (& anyone else), if you're ever in my area, I'll be glad to let you take a ride.

Mike
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred