Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembering Mothers

Remembering Mothers

Tomorrow being Mothers' Day, I thought I would poste these beautiful poem links. I lost my Mom several years back but she is always in my heart. The memoies we shared I hold close to me always. I don't only think about her around this time. I post this though to share with all these moments and hope you all enjoy them too.

Happy Mother's Day to all here and enjoy the day with your moms if you still have them. You are truly blessed. For those who don't have them, take a walk down your memory lane and relive them once again. You too have also been blessed.

A Mom's Journey
    http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/mom-journey.php

My Mother Kept a Garden
    http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/mom-gdn.php

Mothers Who Are No Longer With Us
    http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/mom-gone.php

Memories of Mother
    http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/mom-gdn.php

Happy Mother's Day everyone. A pic of some pink peace roses in my garden for all.

Raven

Happy mothers day to you Raven and everyone else. I still am blessed to have my mother, who is 88 and we literally take care of each other. Thank you for the links even though they made me cry. The following is an excerpt from a poem that I once read and holds true to me. Sorry about the font but I copied and pasted

Your mother is always with you…. She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street; she’s the smell of bleach in your freshly laundered socks; she’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not well. Your mother lives inside your laughter. And she’s crystallized in every tear drop. She’s the place you came from, your first home; and she’s the map you follow with every step you take. She’s your first love and your first heartbreak, and nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, not space… not even death!

Author Unknown
    Last edited by cara_m; 05-10-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms, you're the greatest, thanks.

happy mothersday moms hope you all have a great day
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Happy Mothers Day To You ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I Hope You have the BEST DAY EVER.......

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I lost my mother & father when I was 24-25 yrs old.
    Seems like yesterday.
    I didn't want to be like her.
    Now I cherish everything about me that is her.
    She was a remarkable woman, mother, and friend.
    I miss her dearly.

I love you mama.

Raven & Cara thanks for the lovely thoughts.

OMG I'm feeling sorry for myself today, although I have a mom, a stepmom and a mother-in-law. I also have a son, a stepson and a husband who are intent on ignoring Mother's Day just like they did my birthday.

Somebody slap me, quick, I feel terrible and like a fool for letting it get to me. I have a lot of blessings. I'm being an ingrate for letting the ingrates hurt my feelers.

Whaaaaaa. Ima go back to bed, I guess. My dog will come with me. I don't know why they had to invent these stupid holidays anyway.

Y'all take care of your mamas.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    OMG I'm feeling sorry for myself today, although I have a mom, a stepmom and a mother-in-law. I also have a son, a stepson and a husband who are intent on ignoring Mother's Day just like they did my birthday.

Somebody slap me, quick, I feel terrible and like a fool for letting it get to me. I have a lot of blessings. I'm being an ingrate for letting the ingrates hurt my feelers.

Whaaaaaa. Ima go back to bed, I guess. My dog will come with me. I don't know why they had to invent these stupid holidays anyway.

Y'all take care of your mamas.
    Sorry betheny, but your son, step-son and hubby need a whoopin', or at least a smack alongside the head. There oughta be a Hall of Fame for mamas, creations most unique and precious pearl. Heaven help us always to remember, that the hand that rocks the cradle, rules the world.

I wish you a Happy Mothers' Day from all the sons young and old here at CC, Miss Betheny. You've been motherly (meaning nurturing, not old ) to many people here, so you're not forgotten on this special day

edit: I remember at age 11 or so working 10 hour days on both Saturday and Sunday doing construction work with my dad at $5 a day, all $10 spent on a present for my mom. My older bro did the same.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    Happy Mother's Day to all you moms, you're the greatest, thanks.
    Yup
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

My First and Second " Best Day"...November 20, 1990 and June 14, 1993

First the Boy, then the girl. The boy still watches over us both...

Attachment 22206

Attachment 22207
    1FineSpineRN