Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: my wife is a new c7

Quote Originally Posted by dizzal
    Update-- my wife's hands and grip is getting stronger she is up to 3 hrs of therapy per day now that they have gotten her breathing in order. she still has no movement in her legs but its only been 2 1/2 weeks since paralisis.
    Great! Wise.

Is tingaling in your feet a good sign? she said yesterday she felt tingaling in her feet.

spasm and tingaling.

My wife told me the other day that she like spasin because it makes her feel alive. she also stated yesterday that her feet where tingaling is this a good sign.

Dizzal,

I think it's a good sign. I would have her concentrate on that feeling and keep tabs on it. Any changes over time should be paid attention to. Right after my accident 5 years ago, I could only feel tingling at the base of my spine when I rubbed my hands together. Now, when I rub my hands together the bottom of my feet tickle!

Pat

ty pat

Dizzal, Is it a hot/cold tingle? What kind of spasms does your wife have? Clonis where he legs go up and down really fast or is it a spasm where he legs feel like they are being pulled out of her hips and her legs are straight and stiff as boards? I get those and it is quite painfull... are hers painful? Is the tingling she has painful too? Mine is like a really cold and hot tingling and is very painful/uncomfortable.

I asked her and she said it hurts, her legs dont go out but she just gets kinda stiff. also there warm.

Hi again, it sounds as if your wife is describing Neurogenic pain. Here's how mine has felt; really hot or cold, like a severe sunburn, or like I have really tight socks on my feet that are suffocating them. For me when my pain has been the absolute worst (and it's brought me to tears even with multiple drugs at one time) I was getting more return. My Neuro pain has dissipated a lot since the very beginning. I only take one medication for it anymore and I've even cut back on that. With that said though, my pain still will increase if I'm tired, stressed, or sick.
    Spasm aren't all bad, unless they are impacting her current Activities of Daily Living. The good thing about them is they contract muscle's we might not be able to, so a manageable amount of spasms are like free exercise.
    I hope you two are still hanging in there, please tell your wife I'm still thinking of her and believing the best for her.
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Ty fran i will let her know what you said.

she moved a toe

Update-My wife moved the her right leg and right toe yesterday. Also she was able to push back on my hand whith her knee raised. Yesterday was a good day .