Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used Craigslist to make friends

Thank you all for your support. Unfortunately, my sore has taken a turn for the worse and has kicked my pain up through the roof and I haven't been in much of a mood to do anything. I'm going to see the doctor on Friday. I think there may be an infection.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Oh Foooey, sorry you don't feel very well. I watched Iron Man the other nite on www.watch-movies.net it wasn't the best quality, but maybe that will make you feel a little better.
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

So last night I was bored. I ended up just randomly emailing about 6 girls just to see how many came back soliciting these other dating sites. Two nights ago I got this:

Hey I got your email from my ad I posted. What in my ad interests you? Did you like my pic I posted on there? I know I talked about some stuff in my ad but what do YOU actually do for fun and whats your ideal date or would your ideal date be like? If you tried to send me a photo I didn't get it, my email won't let me download attachemnts for some reason. It's probably my email messing up. Stupid gmail it can be a problem sometimes. I think it's because probably cuz computers HATE me but I try my best.
    I do most of my 'correspondence' on my blog cuz it's not blocked at work, plus it's like myspace but without the 14 year old kids lol.. My work has some internet thing where they are able to block some sites. My blog/profile is where you'll find my bio/stuff about me etc plus I keep a mini photo journal of life. On my profile I have a couple more pics of myself that you can look at and my journal so... You should check it out, you might have to sign up to view profiles, I think so but its free anyway. You can view my profile by clicking here or cut and pasting the link http://singlesnetpersonalads.net/kelly6969 you can search for kelly6969 once you're there.
    Kelly

Just now I got this from another profile:

Hey I got your email from my ad I posted. What in my ad interests you? Did you like my pic I posted on there? I know I talked about some stuff in my ad but what do YOU actually do for fun and whats your ideal date or would your ideal date be like? If you tried to send me a photo I didn't get it, my email won't let me download attachemnts for some reason. It's probably my email messing up. Stupid gmail it can be a problem sometimes. I think it's because probably cuz computers HATE me but I try my best.
    I do most of my 'correspondence' on my blog cuz it's not blocked at work, plus it's like myspace but without the 14 year old kids lol.. My work has some internet thing where they are able to block some sites. My blog/profile is where you'll find my bio/stuff about me etc plus I keep a mini photo journal of life. On my profile I have a couple more pics of myself that you can look at and my journal so... You should check it out, you might have to sign up to view profiles, I think so but its free anyway. You can view my profile by clicking here or cut and pasting the link http://singlesnetprofiles.com/julieakins2k you can search for julieakins2k once you're there.
    Julie

See any similarities, lol? My reply was very nice..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    Are you insinuating there are flakes HERE Todd? LOL.
    Actually, there are some, but they're considered so by a consensus. No worries, you're not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    See any similarities, lol? My reply was very nice..
    One should sue the other for copyright infringement.

I was on that site for a bit under a month myself and the funniest thing to happen to me was being contacted by a woman. She literally wanted me for a green card or something. She said that I look younger than my stated age and gave me this long-winded email of bullshit about what she needed. I wrote her back and told her, "You do know you're looking at gay men, don't you?" LOL! She didn't.

Please be careful, I just read yesterday that a guy used craigslist to lure women to an apartment and then raped them in decatur ga.. Here's the link
    http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu91_3_4

That was on our local news last night.. Decatur isn't far from me either.. scary.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

My daughter found my cat there, and she's a great cat!

I hadn't thought of getting care attendants there.
    Thanks!

Exclamation

I have also come across similar culprits, such as:

Hi, so glad you caught my ad online
    I had a look at some of the adverts posted by some of the "younger crowd" and they were kind of scary. Well actually this whole online dating thing is a bit scary because I'm really not that technically minded. I like to be myself but putting everything out there for the world to see in public is way too newfashioned for me.
    So what do YOU actually do for fun and what's your ideal date or would your ideal date be like? Do you like going out for coffee, or to the movies, long walks on the beach or just snuggling up in front of the tele watching romantic movies? I like action flicks first and romantic second personally, oh and most sports too! I noticed as my years advanced (haha slightly subtle there right?) that I wanted to spend more of my free time with someone other than my dog, lovely old darling he is, and decided to do something about it!
    There is something wrong with my email thing because it keeps telling me something about unsafe image files or something. So if you sent me a photo I don't even have any way of knowing, so I'm sorry. I think the easiest thing to do is go to SexyGirlsonly which has my old profile I had setup a while ago. I've just recently update my photos and bio so it's all up to date, so you can see the real me and we can exchange pics and info better. Well, better for me being so untech and all, lol. Oh! And it's all free too so you don't have to spend anything to join. My username is , and I had to check it twice, is becalone2321 so hunt me up the second you get on there so we can start organising to meet up for coffee or something and get to know each other better!!

You really have to be careful online!