Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone used Craigslist to make friends

Has anyone used Craigslist to make friends

I put an ad on Craig's list for someone to go see iron Man with and have gotten several responses. I don't have any friends that I hang out with besides caregivers and they get paid to hang out with me. I think I'm going to go for it. Would you? That is where I find my caregivers and I've had really good luck there.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I've met some cool people on craigslist. give it a try ....it can;t hurt! Just be positive!Good luck!

Funny you should mention this. My economist buddy got shot down big time by this coworker of his last week. I suggested that he look for some ads in Craigslist to respond to. Well he actually took the time to respond to some ads which caught his interest and he has now been on more successful dates in the last four days than he has in all of the last three months or so.

Take this with a grain of salt...I've heard some unsuccessful things about Craigslist as well.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

I've never put an ad myself, but I've met a nice guy on Craigslist. I guess with any web site, you take your chances meeting a flake. However, you can find normal people as well.

I answerd one for a 'email friend only' once. I have been writing him for over 2 years. We talk about kids,work, Sig. others,ect. He didn't want to meet,since he is attached and so am I, and we both think that would be a bad thing,lol. He only lives 10 miles away. I think of him as my favorite brother!
    But it is a great way to vent,get the other sex's opinion,ect.
    Though I have a hard time not telling off color jokes,it has allways been 'just friends' and his wife knows about it to. (I am so harmless,LOL)
    Deborah

I'm proud of you for putting yourself out there. No guts, no glory. I'm real outgoing and still have a hard time finding buds in this post-bar world. Bar friends were temporary anyhow.

After reading this last night I took a look at the personals in my area. There are several cuties and figured that I'd respond and see what happens. One girl came back almost immediately, but said that we can talk on her homepage. I clicked on it and it rerouted me to www.singlesnet.com , their homepage. Hmmm, I'm thinking a scam to get ppl to join these other dating sites. Also, this took place at 4 am.. who the hell is up then? Oh wait, I was. I then replied to her email she mailed me and asked, ''why not chat here?'' No response.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    After reading this last night I took a look at the personals in my area. There are several cuties and figured that I'd respond and see what happens. One girl came back almost immediately, but said that we can talk on her homepage. I clicked on it and it rerouted me to www.singlesnet.com , their homepage. Hmmm, I'm thinking a scam to get ppl to join these other dating sites. Also, this took place at 4 am.. who the hell is up then? Oh wait, I was. I then replied to her email she mailed me and asked, ''why not chat here?'' No response.
    yea, jeff, 4 am????????

def. sounds like a scam though....

I have never thoght to try but, are the hookers still being advertised there.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    I guess with any web site, you take your chances meeting a flake. However, you can find normal people as well.
    Are you insinuating there are flakes HERE Todd? LOL.

HAve fun at the movies RB
    T7-8 since Feb 2005