Thread: Arkansas

Arkansas

I hope everyone in Arkansas are okay. It seems like it is going to be an active tornado season. Stay safe everyone!

Thanks for your concern, momo3. We are ok in our little corner of the state but there has been considerable damage from tornadoes and floods. Many people have lost homes and the worse was 8 fatalities. teach1

Arkansas has been hit hard this year it's true. But so have so many others in "Tornado Alley" It got within 50 miles of me this time and I admit I was a little worried, but actually we only had a small amount of rain and thunder.
    The news this evening said there were 11-12 tornadoes that touched down and they were unusual in the time of day (they are more common in the heat of the afternoon) and the length of distance traveled on the ground-- about 42 miles.
    I don't know anyone else from this site in Ar. but hope they are OK too.

Arkansas and Southern Missouri as well have had a rough year, so many destructive ice storms, tornadoes, floods, it's almost apocalyptic. And the worrisome part is its only the first week in May! The lakes are still full right up to the top of the flood gates, and every time the "R" word is uttered folk's immediately ask "how much?" knowing that it's only a matter of time before we get another big soaker like we had several times last couple months. If that happens before we get the lakes down (which could take till July even if there's minimal rainfall) then Arkansas will have flooding that made March and April look like child's play in a bathtub.

Tom

This year's weather has been a "ride" for sure. I am glad that those of you that have been affected are doing okay.

In case you were wondering, weather is kind of a hobby of mine. I have always had an interest in it-physics and calculas made it a hobby.