Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Walk in Boston

Project Walk in Boston

Anyone have any experience with the Project Walk in Boston? Please Share.

My daughter is 5 years post and we plan to take her to intensive exercise program this year for the whole summer and we can't decide where to go. Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about the PW facility in Boston, but I can HIGHLY recommend SCI-Step in Ohio...You should really check them out...They offer a free trial week so that you can check out the program and facility as well. I was there this winter and am hoping to return in the near future.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I've been coming to sci-step now for the last four winters and can say that i never would have thought that I would get as far as I did being asia a complete walking full time with with four arm crutches , the people here really do care about your return and will push you for it .

Theirs nothing left to do but try .

Quote Originally Posted by atvnut
    I've been coming to sci-step now for the last four winters and can say that i never would have thought that I would get as far as I did being asia a complete walking full time with with four arm crutches , the people here really do care about your return and will push you for it .

Theirs nothing left to do but try .
    What!?!? That's just crazy talk aisia a complete (being sarcastic). That's absolutely fantastic! Major kudos to you, you must have worked your buns off.
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

yes I am serious i'm asia a complete t11 t12 walking with afo's ,full time with four arm crutches and it was a lot of hard work but you know what they say hard work always pays off .

Sitting will get you know where ,trying is a better option !

Quote Originally Posted by atvnut
    yes I am serious i'm asia a complete t11 t12 walking
    So, even though you are up and walking, because you have no sensation or motor control in your butt, you believe yourself to have a "complete" injury? Yeah, this is why I think the ASIA scale is crap.

but you know what they say hard work always pays off .
    Who are "they"? I've never heard them say anything of the kind. Well, OK, I've heard some of them make statements like that, but they are usually the ones who refuse to acknowledge that anyone in this country could possibly be thwarted by their individual circumstances like poverty, lack of education, societal discrimination, etc. Regarding this specific context, I would heartily disagree. Some neurological injuries are absolute. As an analogy, who would disagree with the fact that if you cut off my hand, it will not grow back no matter how hard I work?

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing

Who are "they"? I've never heard them say anything of the kind. Well, OK, I've heard some of them make statements like that, but they are usually the ones who refuse to acknowledge that anyone in this country could possibly be thwarted by their individual circumstances like poverty, lack of education, societal discrimination, etc. Regarding this specific context, I would heartily disagree. Some neurological injuries are absolute. As an analogy, who would disagree with the fact that if you cut off my hand, it will not grow back no matter how hard I work?

C.
    I say hard work always pays off. I know you don't care what I say but I am going to say it anyway.
    Even if you are a quadriplegic who is poor, uneducated, from a minority etc. - hard work always pay off. The result is unimportant. It's the very act of giving 100% to something that you believe in or feel passionate about that benefits the person doing the work. There is always room for self improvement - even if it is not the result you were working toward.

I find you very confusing. You attack people who post with an "I can't" attitude and you attack people who post with an "I can" attitude.

I believe to be asia A complete because sitting in my chair I wouldn't be able to flicker a muscle but thanks to the hard work and caring people at sci-step i'm able to walk with afo's and four arm crutches for long distances .

Hard work pays off !

Whew Tiger........like it or not, the Asia score is what it is. As for someone putting their all into any specific effort I say "hooray." Doesn't matter what the outcome might be, although it would be terrific if outcome met the hopes and desires of that individual, but the mere fact of putting effort into something is far preferable to being in a fetal position clutching a remote control and wanting to die.

Quote Originally Posted by hp
    Anyone have any experience with the Project Walk in Boston? Please Share.

My daughter is 5 years post and we plan to take her to intensive exercise program this year for the whole summer and we can't decide where to go. Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks in advance.
    My Husband Pat has been as PW in Boston for 2 months now and he loves it. He has a C6 complete injury and has already noticed new sensations. His core strength has improved and he just overall feels better. So far everyone that I have talked to in the program here have no complaints and have noticed their own improvements. So far none of us have seen dramatic changes but it is the little things that add up over time.

Pat goes twice a week for 3 hour each day.

If you would like PM and I can give you more info or my phone number if you want to talk.

Many Blessings,
    Angela