Thread: CDRPA Now What???

Wink CDRPA Now What???

“Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.”
    Gandhi

The CDRPA (S. 1183) is but one of over 90 bills that Senator Coburn is holding.

I had an insightful conversation yesterday with a respected “inside source”. Senator Coburn has taken an unpopular position on many bills that he will have to defend. We are best to conserve our energy and exercise restraint with regard to the senator until the day comes when he will have to defend his position on the CDRPA.

At that point we will need all of our voices in unison sending out a burst of information about the importance of this bill to the daily lives and futures of people living with paralysis.

In the meantime please keep calling your two U.S. Senators and urging them to be cosponsors (s. 1183) if they are not yet and thanking those that are. When you call ask for the name of the senator’s assistant in charge of health care issues, then ask to speak with them. You most likely will get a voicemail so please leave a long message telling them about the importance of this bill to you and your family. Ask them to call you back so that you may speak with them and find out YOUR senator’s position.

If you chose to call Senator Coburn’s office please remember to be courteous and respectable of the position, U. S. Senator.

“Hate the sin, love the sinner.”
    Gandhi

It would be nice to see why Sen. McCain is no longer sponsoring this bill.

Quote Originally Posted by momo3
    It would be nice to see why Sen. McCain is no longer sponsoring this bill.
    Do it simple, just don't vote for him - and tell him.

Senator McCain

MOMO3,
    I have spoken with the senator's aide who was very nice. He said that he would talk to his "boss" about the bill when he saw him and did not see why he would not sign on as he did in 2005 His name is Tala Mir at 202-224-2235. You will have to ask for him and will probably get a voice mail but ask him to give you a call. The gate keepers (the ones who answer the phones at all senator's offices) will ask you what organization you are calling from. I tell them that I am calling as part of a national grassroots movement for passage of the CDRPA. That should get you through at least to the voice mail.

If you would like to tell Tala that you are calling from the same group as Chuck Southard please feel free. I think he will remember my name as we had a great conversation. Good Luck.

PS. Anyone else reading this please jump in and call- it would be great to have Senator McCain on as a cosponsor again. There were a group of us who bumped into the Senator during our capitol visit in 2005. He was most gracious and told us of his support for the then CRPA. Again, Good Luck