Thread: Als

Als

I have had ALS since 1998. I am on a vent and have a peg tube. I have no movement and my speech is very hard to understand. Does anyone else have ALS that would like to share thoughts? Thank you, Pete

Hi pkopecko! Welcome to CareCure. I've seen others with ALS around this site so hopefully someone will chime in! I need to learn more about ALS .. all I know is what the letters stand for and what the ailment does .. the part I don't know is why.

I was stricken with Transverse Myelitis at age 12 which left me completely paralyzed from the waist down. I'm now 35 and off work sick due to non-healing wounds.

This is quite an active site so enjoy!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hi PK, I don't know much about your condition either, but welcome you to this site and hope it is beneficial to you.

Hey, Pete! I just sent you a PM here...

Hope you have a great weekend!

No advice, just a hello!

Teena

Quote Originally Posted by pkopecko
    I have had ALS since 1998. I am on a vent and have a peg tube. I have no movement and my speech is very hard to understand. Does anyone else have ALS that would like to share thoughts? Thank you, Pete
    Pete, welcome. We have about 100 people with ALS who are members on this site (and who have reported that they have ALS, in response to the questions whether they have spinal cord injury.

Did you see the post about lithium?
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=98854

Wise.