Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When did house spiders get THIS big??

We have Huntsman spiders here in SW Florida. We frequently find them in our house. Most of the ones we find are at least 2" -3" across. They're fast, but they're also easy to kill if you hit them.

example from internet:

I SOOOOO wish I hadn't opened this thread!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Oh yuck yuck yuck! I am not too fond of spiders, or things that slither either! When I lived in my house I was convinced my bathroom tub train was connected to the bowels of hell, as there would be these big furry spider fellas that would occasionally crawl up the drain and into the house. Always made taking a shower a bit of a drama, and not the good kind!

Quote Originally Posted by ala
    We have Huntsman spiders here in SW Florida. We frequently find them in our house. Most of the ones we find are at least 2" -3" across. They're fast, but they're also easy to kill if you hit them.

example from internet:

Yuck again......I wouldn't want to kill them just because I couldn't imagine the mess that would make.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelieboy
    Now just imagine laying in bed and having this thing crawl across your face and not being able to jump out of bed.
    shortly after moving into a new house, i woke up one morning w/ ants crawling all over me. as a c5/6 quad unable to get up, that was not a good feeling. so yeah, to think of a big bastard like that guy would be umpteen times worse.

these are reasons why i have regular pest control service at my house now. while i understand the importance of these critters & they don't creep me out, i still don't want 'em in my bed!
    "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
    ...Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    ...Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
    ...George Bernard Shaw

Spiders are good bugs - they eat bad bugs.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Wow, that's a nasty looking one, Wheelieboy! We live in GA also, but I lived most of my life in western NY, so I am always amazed at the size of the bugs down here. We have regular pest control since I am a big baby and do not want those suckers in my house either. Yuk!

i kill them right away ......if i cannot i ask for help.they scare me ...i am paralysed and is hard to defend myself against their venom.[black widow etc.]
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I hate spiders, but I love creeping myself out reading about these dreadful spider-dramas.
    Keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    I hate spiders, but I love creeping myself out reading about these dreadful spider-dramas.
    Keep 'em coming.
    Since you insist, here are some more pictures to go with the drama in your mind.

Huntsman spider: