Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing balance while driving.

Originally posted by melikeconan:

I lean the seat back some and it does help but i still feel a bit unbalanced around turns. We are looking into a 4point harness like they have in rae cars but the thing with thos are you have to either bolt or weld them some place. Right now i am using th gaitbelt. I can get the gaitbelt around me and tightened up but it just takes me a few minutes to do it. Shaun I am a T4 complete and if you dont mind snapping some pics i would appreciate it.
    Sure thing man....

Im guessing your driving a van,right?

~We must save the princess,or die trying~..Mickey Mouse

Originally posted by Shaun:

Sure thing man....

Im guessing your driving a van,right?

Indeed, you are correct.

Can you cross your feet while driving? Gives you more stability. If I don't cross my legs, I'll lose my balance on a corner too and my legs would flop back and forth in a turn.

I know it is not much but I had a knob put on my stearing wheel. It helped some.
    Mary

I have nt tried crossing my legs. I have a turning knob on my wheel also. My dad and I think we may be able to hook a racing harness up. I will post some pics of where we think we can weld it.

Melikeconan,
    You won't be in my area anytime soon will you?
    This reminds me of a quad friend I have. We were out partying one time and he was driving the first time after his accident.
    I was very trusting or maybe just careless at the time.So away we go on a cruise up to the lake. As we we're turning a corner he just fell over.We were turning onto a gravel road and there was a cemetery on the corner.Down through the ditch,through the fence and stopped in the cemetery.No harm done.His brother who was with us went and opened the gate and we went merrily on our way...

Melikeconan,
    To help with your problem.I remeber seeing certain cars with "wrap around wing type sides" on the seats.
    Possibly in a car like a porsche or maybe it was a toyota for all I know.Someone else may have that answer.It may not be the answer but I think that coupled with other ideas just may give you more support..

to followup with what murrey said...

I know a guy (AB) with a pair of Corbeau CR1s in his Jeep... they provide a good bit more "wrap around" support than standard seats. The transfer would be a little trickier, but they might be worth a look... plus Corbeau makes other seats that might do the trick too, although they're not cheap.

Corbeau's website: http://www.corbeau.com/

[This message was edited by SCI-Nurse on 10-01-04 at 09:34 PM.]

p.s. note in the pics that he doesn't use a racing harness with those seats.

OH CRAP! I said id take some pics for ya and i didnt.Sorry man,i dropped the ball....I'll get on it though...