Thread: My Own Medicine!

My Own Medicine!

After countless posts encouraging moving, moving moving.....

After riding the staionary bike here at work and getting my lunch, I am burning like never before! My boss is so tired of hearing this!

Yesterday I missed staff meeting and instead rested my back on a couch in the lounge! I'm going through some sort of return cycle that sees new stuff coming onboard and then burning like hell. I feel new back and torso strength (in between the spastic tone), so I've seen (felt) this many times before.

Each time after workouts I am uncomfortable I remember that I tell everyone who will listen that you have to work toward this burning and find a way through it. And I have to do it too!

Today, I felt like I could balance on the bike without using the handles and Force the pedals down with new power. That's what it felt like anyway. I knew that in a hour I would be hating it!

Pat

Burning??????? Lately I feel like I could cook a meal for 8 on my legs, but, like you say I don't want to give up. More return, more pain, forget the painkillers, I want to know what's going on inside of me.

I've gone so far as to get out on the lobster boat with my father, and cleaned everything, did as much as I can, and want to do more. Everyday I work as hard as I can to get back to where I was.

And how do you ski???? I'd love to do that again.

Hey alhavel, Skiing is a blast and what I consider No. 1 best therapy! The torso/back workout is great and hips/but and legs get a workout too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-HRqRO9zg

I tried to get out twice a week this year and it helped me a lot.

I swear I get more return everyday! So I work toward that burning.

Pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-peebNSs8

So you think burning is a sign of more return to come? Because if it is, I'll be running the next Boston's marathon!!!

Cripply, burning at the stake

So it is here. Even the sunburn on my arms is cooler than my legs today. I got told I look "spunky" today, I guess i'll take that as a compliment.

As for skiing I'll wait till next year and maybe give it a try, it's got me thinking.

Hey Cripply,

I do.

As nerves come online, my experience has been they burn. I like to explain to folks at work like this; my legs are soaking in a pot of acid over a hot bon fire!

It seems as if after a good hard workout, burning and what I call nuclear pins and needles saturates my body from the nipples down. It used to really freak me out. Now I look forward to it. After literally hundreds of times going through this, I can be sure that within 24 hours I'll feel better and often feel something new. Sometimes it's proprioception. Sometimes it's something else.

Pat

Yup, yup, my doc said the same thing about my burning. Your a little (actually alot) more savage than I am though patd, I don't really look forward to it.
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

OK, I don't really look forwart to it, but when things are feeling new while I workout and I know in less than an hour I'm going to be burning, the last thing on my mind is backing off to make the future burning less painfull.

For years I've been having to visualize the motions I put my body through and when feelings show up I think 1. This is what I've been trying to visualize for so long and 2. Push that feeling to drive that movement to the max.

The result is usually a new level of discomfort (ie pain) , but it will pass!

Pat