Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected Excellent Workout

Quote Originally Posted by patd
    amarillogal, I've been testing two different tire designs. I is a 12" bicycle tire and one is a solid foam wheel. The solid foam wheel impressed me because its light and narrow. And it has less rolling resistance on many surfaces. City trecking, it'd say it is best. The bicycle tire is wider and heavier, but not heavy. It glides over grass and gravel (and snow) better. It feels soooo good to coast over grass, for example, when I used to dread the inching along syndrome!

As users report back to me I really am surprised to hear their comments. "I played frisbee golf for the first time!" and " I can't imagine not using this!"

Another coment, " I can't afford not using this!"

I say, "Stop it some more!"

I've found that going to the lake for fishing or watercraft has been a ball with a FreeWheel.

Let me know if you have any questions, Pat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-peebNSs8
    Pat,

I don't know if you saw my last reply. However, "manuel" is misspelled in your video ad. Are you purposely doing this? It should be "manual", otherwise.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Hi ResonantEcho, thanks for pointing that out! Everyone knows that engineers can't spell!!

I have to figure out how to re submit the fixed video to youtube!

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by patd
    Hi ResonantEcho, thanks for pointing that out! Everyone knows that engineers can't spell!!

I have to figure out how to re submit the fixed video to youtube!

Pat
    Pat,

I wouldn't have pointed it out if not being an advertisement for your product.

Yes, some of my most intelligent co-workers (who are fellow software developers) can't spell. That's why I don't put a lot of stock in equating the ability to spell with intelligence.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

My son wants to know how does it really work? And does it lift the front wheels off the ground? Are you able to increase speed on rough terrain or just agility? (accountants can't spell either)
    BeeBee

Hi BeeBee, Your son asks good questions. The FreeWheel attachment does lift the casters off the ground. As you can see in the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-peebNSs8

The FreeWheel is made with an angled steering stem. It's tilted back, so to install, the wheel needs to be turned away from the user. Once securly clamped the user can push forward. This spins the wheel around the steering stem. Since the steering stem is angled back, there is leverage to lift the front of the wheelchair when the wheelchair is moving forward.

When the user rolls in reverse the front of the wheelchair casters lower to the ground. Simple and effective.

The 3 wheeled situation has a longer wheelbase and the 12" front wheel which rolls so easily over rough terrain. It's easier to push.

Let me know if you have any more questions, Pat

Hey Pat,

think i commented on this before but i'll repeat myself saying that thing looks the mutt's nutts!!!! so quick to put on and not as cumbersome as some other similar attachments.

How much are you selling them for and do you know if it would be feasible to send one over the pond to northern ireland?

Are there any limitations regarding the footplate/ wheelchair it will attach to?
    Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never Ever drink and derive!.

Hey Fenty,

I've heard of the bee's knees, but not the mutt's nuts!

I've been really busy building FreeWheel attachments for many CC'rs! I've designed a clamp that is adjustable in both angle and depth, which means it fits the majority of the chairs. I have some other parts to fit the rest so that they can use it too. I don't know what shipping across the pond would be, but I do get a rush from the comments of users. They say it doesn't matter what it costs; they can't afford not to have one!

Send me an email at tamiandpat@msn.com

I'll see what we can do.

Pat

Well, the weather is bad right now so I have been reading old posts trying to get som ideas/ motivation. I came across this post, while I have not been able to purchase one of these I have followed the rise of the freewheel as it has became more wide spread in our little sci community. Just thought I would put this back on top because I think it is nice to see something worth wild grow.
    Congrats

Thanks Sohum, Time flies.... more and more people are getting out and about with FreeWheels, it makes me really happy.

I love, love, LOVE mine! i bought one this summer and have gone on gravel, park grass and trails with it. I keep it in the back of my van and can put it on myself so I can use it spontaneously.