Thread: 1.5" casters on a tilite.....

1.5" casters on a tilite.....

ok, got all my measurements, but just choosing my new chair! I want to carry in using the 4x1.5" casters on a new chair. I don't want frogleg forks, so my q is do the tilite frames fit a 1.5 caster with their standard forks?

emma.

i dont think so. sci otr had to get different forks (invacare i think) so as to use 1.5" wheels. something about the width of the forks. you could try sportaid.com for cheap 4x1 casters - their international shipping is okay, just remember to email them as well so they can contact you. they dont seem to be able to make international calls. i bought new casters (actually 4x1 soft rolls) a few months ago for a fraction of the cost they would have been here. ive bought loads of stuff from there, and usually coincide it with either a trip to the us (get it shipped to my hotel, or have it sent to my aunt in boston when shes planning on coming home for hols......

The answer to your question at this point in time is no.

I use them on my ZRc, so it can be done. To do so, you need to get a set of double bearing forks that are used on Invacare/Top End wheelchairs...

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=87512

Thankyou for your quick replies! I'll go order my new frame, and some more forks! LOL anyone want some tilite forks ?!!!

emma.