Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe this is happening

I can't believe this is happening

Hi I dont normally post alot on here, but i feel I need someone to vent to, since I'd rather keep this matter or as some called dirty laundry kept private. Well here goes, I became an Uncle about 2 weeks ago. Everything was fine until about last week when my sister was diagnosed with post partum depression, well shit hit the fan yesterday, I can home from working out aka physical therapy, and my mom told me I was in for a shock. She said my sister was out of it. I kinda brushed it of and thought ah shes just a little stressed or something. I'm not joking I was in for what would be the shock of my life. My sister would soon in less then 24 hours display symtoms of psychosis. I was very in deep shock, I wont go deep into details of what the behaviors she displayed were but, they were very shocking first she expressed paranoia, goverment out to get her, then random unorganized conversation. I told her to come into my room and watch a movie while my parents figuired out what to do, I wheel around and she has around 20 or so dvds stacked on the table and says Man In 9 months youve changed to much dvds around you should have told me. Ya its hard to explain that but it shocked me, their where other things to like looking for her pills, but when i asked my mom she whispers she doesnt have any. yikes i thought. Then while watching tv she says random things at the tc like her boyfriends name , and some other random things i kinda got scared at that point. This morning was the turning point, she didnt sleep all night, neither did my mom as she was tending to my sister and my sister daughter. My mom called my sister mother law to get my neice. At this point this morning my sister got violent, foul language aimed at my mother and father, she freaked out the night before when i transphered into a chair and also this morning when she seen me. It made her sad to see me in a chair I told her i was all right. Well long story short, I did some investigation on the computer this morning, I didnt want to do my own diagnosis but she did show signs of post partum sycosis. This shit is very scary. I am upset about what is going on, I am even more upset that my mom has to deal with this shit, she just got over me being in the hospital and I finally started to get my life back and shit starts looking like the puzzle would be put back together and now this happens. I know that this stuff happens for a reason, It certainly has made my mom strong, Its like god is making us strong or preparing us for something to come. Sorry if this doesnt make alot of sense or for the spelling errors, im just typing cause this is making me feel better. Well anyways we had to seek medical attention...... I think what makes me the madest is that my mothers sister and mother, my grandmother think everything is their dam buisness. My mom is scared to tell them cause she knows they will think they can fix the situation. ya right. I pray to God that this is from my sister being on to much medication, or that she will snap out of this. Well thanks for hearing me out. I'm not really freaked out but I think thats cause im trying to distract myself and hold it together for my parents. I feel so horrible for them cause both their children have problems. I know everything will get better but shit,how much stuff can be thrown our way.
    Last edited by outdoorsman; 04-19-2008 at 01:29 AM.

Man, I'm sorry for you and your family that this is happening. It is one of the most horrifying experiences I know of, to see a loved one's psychosis. I'm not sure which was worse, when I first saw the scared-to-death look in my son's eyes as he listened to the voices telling him terrible things, or when I found that my wife had become paraplegic. I hope that for your sister this will pass in time. In the meantime, try to remember that it isn't really her talking, and that the sister you love is still in there, struggling to get out. It's not easy, though.
    Best wishes,
    - Richard

Well When my sister was with my dad at the hospital she kept telling him to calm down and she knew she was safe now, it madr me want to cry when he told me and my mother this, I know my story didnt describe much of what happend but this was not my sister, i couldnt express myself well enough in my typing to show her behaviors. This morning she also turned the Tv and the radio up full blast and kept doing this. We had to keep turning them down. She never said she heard voices but she would talk to things....like the tv. She also started to become violent lashing out and cursing. We took her to the proper help at that point

Ya we are just praying that she comes out of this

I hope you guys took her to the hospital. She will be OK with the proper treatment. Clearly you love her. It is very scary to see someone you love change so radically. But your family is smart enough to figure out what is going on with her, I have no doubt you guys will come through this well. You seem to all stick together, and thats great. I wish all of you well.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Oh man. What a situation. I hope your sister pulls through this very soon for you all. This would be very hard on the nerves.

One of the guys at work - his wife ended up having to be hospitalized because of post-partum. I hope she recovers quickly. It's great she has a family that cares about her and got her the proper help quickly ... Andrea Yates had this (drowned her five children).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman
    Ya we are just praying that she comes out of this
    Xians say, god helps those who help themselves. Your sister doesn't need prayer right now. She needs immediate medical attention. Have you spoken to a doctor yet? Taken her to the ER? What are you waiting for?

C.

Outdoorsman,
    Post-partum depression and other symptoms are more common than most people are aware of. She will not just snap out of it. She needs help from a professional sort and quickly. This is not her fault, and many believe it is a chemical inbalance (as are most mental problems) after delivery. It is a very serious condition, but the good news is that it is also very treatable. Get her some professional help, and I am sorry this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Xians say, god helps those who help themselves. Your sister doesn't need prayer right now. She needs immediate medical attention. Have you spoken to a doctor yet? Taken her to the ER? What are you waiting for?

C.
    Read AGAIN. P.M. me if you feel like spewing your B.S. This man obviously doesn't need your usual crap right now.