Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5.4 Earthquake...

5.4 Earthquake...

Did anyone else feel the earthquake? It was a hell of an alarm clock, without a snooze. My wifes first thought was someone was running thru our house, my was a tornado, then I realized there wasn't any bad weather.
    I don't know how you West Coaster do it, you guys have to be Nucking Futs!
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

I woke up to my bed shaking ever so slightly and thought nothing of it and went back to sleep. Then woke up 2 hours later and turned the news on and they were reporting about the earthquake. I have family that has a bed and breakfast right on the border of Southern Illinois and Kentucky, but haven't heard from them yet.

I live about 28 miles south of Chicago.

I Was outside smoking, heard my tailgate on my truck shaking but thought it was the wind. Then my son came out and said "Dad! were having a earthquake" so that explained that!!! I was inside the one back in the 80's, this one lasted alot longer. In Louisville Ky they got some building damage, the top of one fell a little

My boyfriend lives in Indy, and he said his computer was shaking all over the desk, and he thought his apt. bldg was coming down.

Thank God he is ok and nobody was hurt.

How far are you from Indy, Mike?

I live on the outer edge of Indianapolis and woke up to my bed shaking about 5:30 a.m. I could hear things moving around on the shelves and the windows rattling. Total time seemed to be 15 - 20 seconds. This is the first one I have ever felt. Interesting experience.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow." - Mario Andretti

We felt it down here in Clarksville, TN.

Quote Originally Posted by teena
    My boyfriend lives in Indy, and he said his computer was shaking all over the desk, and he thought his apt. bldg was coming down.

Thank God he is ok and nobody was hurt.

How far are you from Indy, Mike?
    I'm about 3 - 3 1/2 hrs south, halfway between Evansville and Louisville. We were only about 65 miles from the epicenter. No damage that I can see, but close enough to get a good jolt.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Quote Originally Posted by cvelusc
    We felt it down here in Clarksville, TN.
    When? I had two 7 yr old boys spend the night. I would have thought it was them.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

lol I just remembered my son telling me this morning the cat kept shaking the bed and waking him up. This is funny bc I remember thinking the cat won't go near those 2 boys. I must have slept through it.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    lol I just remembered my son telling me this morning the cat kept shaking the bed and waking him up. This is funny bc I remember thinking the cat won't go near those 2 boys. I must have slept through it.
    hey addie i saw on the news animals and cats can sometimes detect it befor it actuallly happens maybe your cat sensed it i felt it around 530 am
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]