Thread: Hotel Rooms

Hotel Rooms

So, I'm in the process of trying to book a hotel room in the Tropicana at Atlantic City. This is a non-sci related question, but you guys know it all. I'm going with a group of people and trying to choose the most cost-effective way to get rooms.

When checking Room Reservation Availability, you choose the # of nights, adults, kids, etc. When I choose "2 adults" for one room the choice of "standard non-smoking 2 queen beds" is $188. When I choose "4 adults" i have the same "standard non-smoking 2 queen beds" as $288. Why? What is that extra $100 paying for exactly? Can I book it as the "2 adults" room for $188 and just let 2 friends crash on the other bed? It just doesn't make sense, but maybe I'm just being completely stupid and missing something.

"ιn ѕoмe wayѕ ι love everyтнιng. ιт’ѕ leѕѕ oғ a тнιng тнan 'lιĸe'…leѕѕ dιѕтιncт. leѕѕ…parтιcυlar. ι lιĸe тнιngѕ тнaт ι lιĸe вυт ι love everyтнιng. тнere’ѕ мore cнoιce ιn ‘lιĸe’. вecaυѕe even тнe worѕт тнιngѕ нave тнιngѕ тo love ιn тнeм. ι love тнιngѕ ѕo мυcн ι ғeel lιĸe ι coυld ғloaт away."

Quote Originally Posted by infinity
    When checking Room Reservation Availability, you choose the # of nights, adults, kids, etc. When I choose "2 adults" for one room the choice of "standard non-smoking 2 queen beds" is $188. When I choose "4 adults" i have the same "standard non-smoking 2 queen beds" as $288. Why? What is that extra $100 paying for exactly? Can I book it as the "2 adults" room for $188 and just let 2 friends crash on the other bed?
    4 adults staying in one room are likely to use more water, electricity, etc than 2 adults will. The extra charge is to compensate the hotel for that. I don't know if you're breaking any laws by letting people stay in the room without notifying or paying the hotel for their presence. I guess it's up to you to decide what you want to do in this situation.

C.

you can book the room for 2 adults, but be aware that they MAY change your reservation to a room with only one bed...IF you want to guarantee that you'll have 2 beds, click that you'll have at least one child in the room...then legally they are supposed to give you 2 beds...AND they can't charge for the 1st child(idk about add'l children tho) so if you say 2 adults and one child, it should be the same cost as 2 adults...

*not that I've manipulated reservations myself or anything
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Thanks so much Tiger and Broknwing. I don't plan on spending very much time in the room at all, which is why it seemed ridiculous to pay an extra $100 for seemingly nothing. I guess if for whatever reason they give us a problem, my other two friends will just have to pay for their own room. We're going over 2 weekday nights, so availability shouldn't be a problem in that case.

"ιn ѕoмe wayѕ ι love everyтнιng. ιт’ѕ leѕѕ oғ a тнιng тнan 'lιĸe'…leѕѕ dιѕтιncт. leѕѕ…parтιcυlar. ι lιĸe тнιngѕ тнaт ι lιĸe вυт ι love everyтнιng. тнere’ѕ мore cнoιce ιn ‘lιĸe’. вecaυѕe even тнe worѕт тнιngѕ нave тнιngѕ тo love ιn тнeм. ι love тнιngѕ ѕo мυcн ι ғeel lιĸe ι coυld ғloaт away."