NATIONAL CALL IN DAY TODAY

YOUR ADVOCATES ARE VISITING THE SENATORS TODAY

TUESDAY, APRIL 15TH

LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!

CALLERS GUIDE - This guide is for your convenience. Please feel free to use your own words and if comfortable tell your story. Your grassroots activists will be visiting the capitol this day and really need your support. When you call ask for the aide that handles the HELP issues for the senator. Even if you get their voicemail, leave a long message. Please remember to be courteous and respectful of all members of the US Senate even if they have a different view than yours. Thank you.

STEP ONE - FIND YOUR SENATORS www.visi.com/juan/congress/

STEP TWO - IS YOUR SENATOR A CURRENT COSPONSOR? See list below

COSPONSORS OF S. 1183
CA – Barbara Boxer - Dianne Feinstein
CT – Chris Dodd
HI – Daniel Inouye
IL – Dick Durbin - Barack Obama
IA – Tom Harkin
MI – Carl Levin
MN – Norm Coleman – Amy Klobuchar
MD – Barbara Mikulski – Benjamin Cardin
MS – Thad Cochran
NJ – Frank Lautenberg - Robert Menendez MA – John Kerry - Edward Kennedy

NM – Jeff Bingaman
NY – Hillary Clinton - Charles Shumer
NC – Richard Burr
OH – Sherrod Brown - George Voinovich
OR – Gordon Smith
PA – Robert Casey - Arlen Specter
RI – Jack Reed - Sheldon Whitehouse
SC – Lindsey Graham
SD – Tim Johnson
VT – Bernard Sanders - Patrick Leahy
WA – Patty Murray

STEP THREE - CHOOSE A MESSAGE

MESSAGE FOR SENATORS WHO ARE NOT YET COSPONSORS

Hello, my name is________________ and I live in (town, state) and I am a constituent of Senator_____________. Today, for the fourth year in a row members of the paralyzed community are traveling to our nations' Capitol to advocate for the passage of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Act. Though I can not be there in body, I am in spirit and ask the Senator to co-sponsor this bill Senate bill S.1183.

MESSAGE FOR SENATORS WHO ARE COSPONSORS

Hello, my name is________________ and I live in (town, state) and I am a constituent of Senator_____________. Today, for the fourth year in a row members of the paralyzed community are traveling to our nations’ Capitol to advocate for the passage of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Paralysis Act. Though I can not be there in body, I am in spirit and want to thank Senator________ for co-sponsoring bill Senate bill S. 1183.

STEP FOUR - TELL US HOW IT WENT
THANK YOU ALL!