Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do some of you old motorcycle guys look at this and go hmm?

I was lusting over the Piaggio and see it comes in 250, 400, and 500cc. Since April, has any one out there have any more knowledge of them? Or thoughts?
    Jon

yea, i seen a chinese made knockoff of this very design around town. it made me go hmmm alright, followed by a wtf was that guy thinking and what a dorky waste of machinery. oh well, serves a purpose. and yea, i have to go with a "negative, ghostrider" with these reverse trikes. tech is always driven by advancements, but at some point, K.I.S.S. still rules.
    Every day deserves a little time off.

i knew a lot of guys who yanked those ABS system out and retrofitted conventional calipers from the '02 GS Sport, which was the last 'non-electric non-abs' decent brake bmw made.

i loved the rockster boxer, very much fun especially commuting in a big city. so much low end grunt that making bold moves in slow moving traffic (only to increase your margin of safety, of course ) was always accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I dunno about the Piaggio, that thing is goofy. The CanAm is interesting, sort of like a T-Rex but upright. Scanning over that it seems they are actually making it, hmmm.

Kinda wish my old R1150R didnt have ABS brakes, so then I'd be more inclined to get a kit for it that made this. But I couldnt get a straight answer out of the firm that made it regarding compatibility with the linked BMW ABS, so I sold that bike. That would have been really cool, I loved that bike.

oh yeah...holy crap that trike is cool. the piaggio? meh...i'd hvae to see one in person to render an opinion. haven't yet. may be interesting, though. wonder how it rides? the 1150r mod could be made to hold a wheelchair, though.

Anyone actually buy one of these???

I saw one this weekend and the owner is going to let me try to ride it. And there is a second hand one for sale around $3.5k.

Any input???
    -

...gets almost 70mph....would be great from my 100 mile commute...!!!
    Last edited by t8burst; 06-06-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: hit edit not reply. sorry

About a year ago I went to the motorcycle dealer to look at and sit on new bikes. Man have they changed over the years. All the stuff we put on as add-on aftermarket ultra-parts are standard now. Unbelievable. And yeah, I started to fantasize but, in my fantasy I couldn't get past the truth that anywhere I went on a bike had to be a round trip because without my chair I'd be stuck wherever I went. I thought about my girlfriend following me with the car? Not a great solution. So unless there's a way I can strap a chair on a bike, it's not even a dream. I guess some kind of superlight folder but still the wheels are pretty big.

For now I'll settle with lusting at the dealer or at what I see parked or just not thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Anyone actually buy one of these???

I saw one this weekend and the owner is going to let me try to ride it. And there is a second hand one for sale around $3.5k.

Any input???

...gets almost 70mph....would be great from my 100 mile commute...!!!

I miss riding alot, I think going from an RC-51 to a glorified moped would be too depressing.

(n.b. I accidently hit edit on your post instead of reply, not awake yet. I didn't change your post)

Frankly, looking back, it was moronic and self-indulgent how much time I spent riding. Fun? Hell yes! Worth it? Hell no! Especially not now, while I'm as crippled as the day is long. Life's not too short to not have fun, and indulge, it's too short to waste time focusing on getting off over getting along, IMO!

I'll pass. I'm old, tired, kind of scared, and OK with that. Not sure I'd bounce off the ground, again, so much, as go *splat*.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.