Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do some of you old motorcycle guys look at this and go hmm?

Do some of you old motorcycle guys look at this and go hmm?

Maybe I should have posted in Equipment, but this is kinda speculative to be honest.

I know there's a lot of old motorcycle guys here, some of whom have figured out ingenious ways to get back in the saddle. I was browsing around, and MD just did a nice little review on this Piaggio trike.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/10apr..._500ie_pg1.htm

Whaddya think?

Tom

Yeah, very interesting. I saw a you tube video a while ago which indicated this scooter outperformed a standard scooter on slalom course.

Here is another one that just came out, I think they are both ugly.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=4279&Page=1
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

interresting.. but it only goes in a circle. Meaning that once you get out of you chair, you have to come back to it to get back in.

Spiffy otherwise
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

I dunno about the Piaggio, that thing is goofy. The CanAm is interesting, sort of like a T-Rex but upright. Scanning over that it seems they are actually making it, hmmm.

Kinda wish my old R1150R didnt have ABS brakes, so then I'd be more inclined to get a kit for it that made this. But I couldnt get a straight answer out of the firm that made it regarding compatibility with the linked BMW ABS, so I sold that bike. That would have been really cool, I loved that bike.

My first cycle was a Italian one Cimmatti

I agree, the Piaggio is an odd and somewhat ugly design. Plus, I don't really care much for scooters, eventhough my wife does have a little Honda one.

I do find the Can-Am Spyder and the Grinnall to be pretty cool though.

I also don't think I would ever be as happy with three wheels as I was with two.

I bought it up because the Piaggio has both the ability to lean in corners as a true motorcycle, and yet is capable of remaining stable and upright at a stop with hand input only. Conseqently the only remaining technical hurdle, and a relatively easy one at that, would be to design a wheelchair mount of some kind on the back of the bike that's light, secure, unobtrusive and relatively easily acessed. I once strapped 2 tires, a 120 front and a 180 rear, to the tail of my old FZ1 with nothing but bungee and 550 paracord so I could get them mounted at a bike shop 25 miles away. Between the 2 tires they weighed easily as much as a typical manual chair and took up just about as much room. Motorists on the road looked at me like I had a hole in my head (it was below freezing, too), but what did I care - got my tires changed.

Tom

That scooter caught my eye on MD too. And Yamaha made a 3 or 4 wheeled bike that looked interesting too. It might have only been a concept for trade show. Pat

TRIROD F3 Adrenaline

How interesting!

I just posted a new thread under equipment for the TriRod F3 Adrenaline.

Go check it out!

titanium4motion