Thread: Head lights-tail lights . Suggestions??

Head lights-tail lights . Suggestions??

I just got a new Invacare TDX SP. It was supposed to have been ordered with head and tail lights. NOT! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!
    Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
    "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

Hi Dave,
    I'm gonna be honest here. You couldn't pay me to put headlights or tailights on my chair, or one of those little orange flags either. I prefer to keep it looking as little as possible like a float in a parade. I DO, however, use reflective tape all over the chair. You can just get it in a bike department. I have some on the back, some on the sideguards, and a circle wrapped around each foot pedal tubing. I chose the yellowish one as it seemed less jarring than the bright orange/red. In daylight it isn't that noticeable, but when headlights hit it there is no doubt I am there. No battery replacement either, another plus.

Not trying to draw attention. I do plan on useing my chair after dark, and in my town with no sidewalks, I have to use it on the streets. Safety 1st (this time) !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E
    I just got a new Invacare TDX SP. It was supposed to have been ordered with head and tail lights. NOT! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!
    Dave,
    Check your invoice, if you were charged for head/tail lights and didn't get them, I would demand them. I might even demand them if they were listed on the order form but left off, paid for or not.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Thanks Mike! They were on a seperate "script" from my PT. They got "missed". I am not sure, (I will check) but I think to have them installed it would take getting the chair back to the DME. It is 375 mi. round trip, and I have already gotten rid of my old chair. I think I would be better off looking at a good quality after market set up.

"THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"

if its the dmes fault, they get to make the trip, and fix it at your house. head/tail lights are a legal requirement in europe if your chair/scooter/whatever does over 4mph, as it isnt allowed on the pavement and therefore has to be road legal. also you have to have indicator/turn signals.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk
    if its the dmes fault, they get to make the trip, and fix it at your house. head/tail lights are a legal requirement in europe if your chair/scooter/whatever does over 4mph, as it isnt allowed on the pavement and therefore has to be road legal. also you have to have indicator/turn signals.
    SHHHHH! Amy, don't give our gov't any ideas. Next we'll have to be licensed to operate wheelchairs and get DWI's if we're out drinking.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    You are correct that safety comes first. I have to drive on the roads with log trucks, dump trucks, and the worst, "tourists". I have 2 headlights and red flashers on the back. I also have an reflective orange triangle, slow moving vehicle marker on the back. And when I remember, I use a 6 foot flag stick with a small orange flag.
    The U.P.S. driver says the flag really helps to be seen.
    I do not want to be smushed by a log truck.
    My lights came on my chair.
    Try to purchase the optional lights from invacare.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Headlamp

http://www.streamlight.com/product/class.aspx?cid=15

http://www.rei.com/product/751757?cm...m_cat=datafeed

Invacare is shady.
    Do it your self it, will be less hassle and probably cheaper.
    Good luck.

Hey Galloway, I read your website. Please e-mail me, I have some horse questions for you. ege@gotsky.com thanks! Dave