Thread: Remap Keyboard

Remap Keyboard

Is there an utility out there or does some one know how to 're-map' my keyboard so that having 'Caps Lock' on will make the keystroke the same as 'Shift' key + 'key'.

For example with Caps lock on and press the '4' key returns '$' or ',' returns '<'?

Compaq workstation keyboards did it automatically but I wish I could do it on a PC.

Why noy use sticky keys?

Hit shift 5 times to turn it on.
    Or
    Control Panels-> Accessability-> Check box.

Thanks I keep forgetting that feature in Windows, but I can learn new tricks.

I am old in computer years and it shows that I have not kept current in all the new bells and whistles available in Windows now. As Paton recommended I enabled "sticky keys" under accessibility options. However there have been some options that make using a mouse easier and these are found under mouse in control panel.

Under the first tab "buttons" I checked Turn on Click Lock which allows you to drag something while holding the mouse button down by just clicking it on or off.

Under the "Pointer Options" I Select the Snap to which automatically moves the pointer to the default location. Usually this means that the mouse will be prepositioned on the "Ok" button.

I also increased the speed of the mouse and check the box to "enhance pointer position".

Most of you are well aware of these features but I thought I would post them here because they have made my life easier when using a mouse or in my case a Kensington trackball.

As a side note voice recognition software has come into its own. I wrote this entire post using Dragon naturally speaking with only a couple of errors. This improved significantly after I ran the Acoustic Optimizer. Now I will back up my user files and post this message.

Thanks again Paton for the world of advice you has given many people on this forum.

PS if anyone needs help with DOS just ask me. Damn I like Dragon speak.

Dos?? Dos what??
    Dos doesn't exist anymore does it??

Man, without sticky keys, and Mouse keys (to a lesser extent) I'd be screwed.

Voice is great, I play my games with voice, both Shoot and VoiceBuddy. Both use M$ speach engine.

BTW, That's DOS 3.3