Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody see this ad?

Anybody see this ad?

Saw this Liberty Mutual ad with a wheelchair user during the bb game last night...thought it was well done. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep9Iy31vgaY

It's a pretty good one and it's been discussed here.. someone will know exactly where to look and hopefully link it.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

ok, i did a quick look for it to see if it had come up, but gotta admit, didn't look too hard not a tv watcher so maybe the ad has been around for a bit. i was watching the game in a restaurant bar while my son was getting a haircut next door; otherwise, never woulda seen it. no tv in my house, except small one my son uses sometimes. i hate tv!

ahh, i found the other thread...and the link to the longer ad, which actually is the one i think i saw. i thought this seemed too short. thx jazzy.
    Last edited by cass; 04-09-2008 at 12:13 AM.

It was good Cass wasn;t it.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I like how she ducked under the gate.
    4/6/97, car accident, C5. http://raccoon-kathleen.blogspot.com/

i'm bout to change all my ins. to Liberty Mutual and tell em why!

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    i'm bout to change all my ins. to Liberty Mutual and tell em why!
    .....Why?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

i was being a tad facetious. but i will be writing them about the ad.

I liked the ad, but not necessarily because it was powerful and would make me vote. I would vote regardless of ads like this.

However, I liked the ad because it showed a more realistic depiction of an individual in a chair. Oftentimes, whether it be in ads, or soap operas, whatever, I find they tend to put actors in chairs you would find at a hospital, big, clunky and awkward. I also liked the fact that the ad didn't show the individual as helpless in that even when faced with a physical barrier like the closed gate, she just ducked under. I've done that so many times, so when I saw that ad, I thought to myself, "So I'm NOT the only one who does that!" .

PS. I love the guy's description of the video: "Do the right thing, even when you're in a wheelchair."

HA HA HA. Awesome. Because apparently our morality would somehow be compromised because we use a chair? What a dork!

Quote Originally Posted by KiranA
    I also liked the fact that the ad didn't show the individual as helpless in that even when faced with a physical barrier like the closed gate, she just ducked under. I've done that so many times
    At the supermarket - my main "social" outing these days - I routinely grab the stretchy cord they put across the checkout access and lift it as I roll under. Nobody seems to object; the cords are put up to let people know the checkouts aren't open for business, not to keep me from getting from the store proper to the front or vise versa.

The morality interpretation is there but I think it was more about saying that it's more of a physical challenge for people in w/cs to do things but that responsible people will do it anyway.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane