Thread: Stimulite Cushion

Stimulite Cushion

Im In A Stimulite Contoured Cushion.. It Feels Bottomed Out..

Should I Get A Classic Xs Or Contoured Xs?

i doubt its bottomed out. i have never bottomed out on any stimulite. is it new if so it takes a while to breakin
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    i doubt its bottomed out. i have never bottomed out on any stimulite. is it new if so it takes a while to breakin
    I agree...when I was at my heaviest (264 pounds) I didn't bottom out on my contoured...and I doubt you weigh that much. What makes you think you are bottoming out?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Would that be a good replacement for a Roho cushion? I'm tired of having to worry about air pressure and getting sores from my cushion being underinflated or overinflated.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread
    Would that be a good replacement for a Roho cushion? I'm tired of having to worry about air pressure and getting sores from my cushion being underinflated or overinflated.
    Both my fiance and I went to stimulite cushions after having Rohos (my fiance went from a 4 inch hi profile Roho to a Stimulite Classic XS...I went from a dual chamber 4 inch high profile roho to a stimulite contour). We both are happy we made the switch. After the breaking in period (usually about a week), we did not have to worry about air pressures, bottoming out, or having leaks. We like the fact that the cushion breathes, so that we do not get "swamp butt". The best decision I made was to go to this cushion. I do not have stability issues like I had with the Roho (never felt secure on one of those).

Hope that helps!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

its like 4 1/2 yrs old.. hmm, ill see..

I replaced my Classic XS after 1.5yrs b/c the honeycomb became too compressed for comfort under my ischials. They can wear out, especially if you have a somewhat bony butt. I still think the Classic XS is the best I've used, even if its lifespan is shorter than others.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread
    Maybe. They certainly require less maintenance, but I think the Rohos still win for most pressure relief. It's worth trying for sure, but if you've dealt with sores, get pressure mapped first.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    don't you get a new cushion every time you get a new chair?

You don't count.

lol. yah. but i only switch them out 1 x per year.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer