Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday

Yesterday

Well, after posting here on a thread, Isis and I went outside since it was so nice outside. We watered my Irises since they are now blooming beautifullly. Will be posting the pics later on. I finally got one of my unusual colored ones to bloom. I was so happy to see it come out again.

Well, Isis wanted to help water so I was telling her which area to water and how. We were really enjoying the afternoon. I hadn't been outside early in the day since last year I think so I didn't even know how much I was missing.

After we finished, I decided to go inside the house and the day really changed for me. I was trying to go up the ramp in front of the house and as I leaned back a bit, Isis tipped the back of it to help me. I felt myself going backwards and yelled "no, no, no". It was too late. I fell on my back and hit my head on the cement. OUCH!!! My head felt like it was going to explode from the pain. Nick heard me scream and ran to help me but I was already down. He ran and forgot about his legs hurting and inability to run. LOL He pulled me onto his lap as I started to make sense of what had just occurred. Poor baby Isis. She just looked at us down on the cement walkway and looked so sad. My head was hurting so bad. I began to feel sleepy and Nick was trying to ask me if we should call 911 as he looked around for help. No one was around. I told him yes. The operator told him not to let me fall asleep so he kept talking to me while the ambulance and fire people arrived. All this time Isisita kept looking so sad and lost.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I was taken to ER. They ran a Cat Scan and X-Rayed my waist since it started to hurt on the way to ER. The had put the neck brace and immobilized me too. My results were okay, thank God. Just my head kept hurting the most and I had a new addition to it. I had a big lump on the back. So now I have an extra head and hopefully it helps me to become smarter. Maybe I may become a genius after the addition. The only bad thing about it is that my new head doesn't have eyes nor a mouth and nose. Maybe later on I will have them so they can be of some use to me too.

Raven

Raven, I've always heard two heads are better than one, but I think that was the hard way to find out! I'm glad you're not hurt so bad. How is Isis thru all this?
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

RAVEN!!!

Good grief! Didn't anybody tell you that you are an angel, but you don't have wings yet, so you can't fly?!!!!

{{{{Raven, Nick, Isis}}}}

Thank God you are ok.

Dolly Parton was on American Idol the other night singing about Jesus and Gravity... I think you may have just written a new verse...LOL.

Would you please be safe before I have to come wrap you in bubble wrap???!!!

Hugs, prayers, love, and God bless!

Teena

Yes, glad your not hurt Raven. I've done that before and it sure does hurt. Again very glad your ok. I'll bet it goes away quickly, everytime I've beaned myself on the back of the head like that it goes away quickly, its when you hit the front side hard that sometimes you have headaches and that type of thing for a long time after. I crashed my handcycle years back and wacked the front side of my head real bad on the pavement and had headaches for about the next year. I think you will be ok though being the backside.

So 6string, we gotta get together sometime, you live right across the river from me, lets go to the Island tap sometime for a brewski
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curt, I think we can work that out. Or...come and hang out on my deck one of these afternoons. The welcome mat is out, and the view is great. And the beer is on me.
    "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

Sounds great, I'll get in touch with you when I get back from DC, taking off on Friday and will be back next week. I want to hear you play that guitar.

Sorry to hijack the thread Raven, lol Again glad your ok. If you notice blurred vision or anything, get it checked out. Clots with those type of things can be worrisome, although rare, keep an eye on it.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Ouch! I'm very sorry to hear about your mishap, Raven. Get well soon!
    Daniel

Sorry to hear about your fall and that it happened; sounds painful. It's nice that you've got a couple of great people around to care for and help. Hang in and keep us posted.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Feel better Raven anty
    For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Hope you're feeling better. Poor Isis

Mona