Thread: RSD pain/ KETAMINE showing promise.

Cool RSD pain/ KETAMINE showing promise.

I have RSD STAGE 3 and have other sever pain disorders as well. I have an intrathecal pump and research has shown that the combination of ketamine and an opioid can help reduce pain and for people in stage 1, can send the rsd in remission. For more info the Uni. of South FL has a RSD center on site that is ran by Dr. Kirkpatrick. For people with intolerable RSD pain, he teams with a doctor in mexico and germany to place patients under a 5 day ketamine coma. This procedure is not legal in theUS. The website is rsdpainfoundation.org for more information. If anyone who has RSD and has found things that help them weither it is medication or different types of biofeedback. Thanks kevin

I was diagnosed when I was 11 (1973)and had a sympathectomy on my right leg when I was 13. Many reoccurences since then. Had spinal cord stimulator implanted in 2003 for bracchial plexus injury to shoulder. Slipped a disc in my back in March 2007. RF nerve ablation and 1/2 dozen nerve blocks have not helped! Trying to get into another pain center! Pain is agonizing!

Other than that I am
    FINE F***ed up
    Insecure
    Neurotic
    Emotional)

Talking helps!

Quote Originally Posted by irisheyes
    I have RSD STAGE 3 and have other sever pain disorders as well. I have an intrathecal pump and research has shown that the combination of ketamine and an opioid can help reduce pain and for people in stage 1, can send the rsd in remission. For more info the Uni. of South FL has a RSD center on site that is ran by Dr. Kirkpatrick. For people with intolerable RSD pain, he teams with a doctor in mexico and germany to place patients under a 5 day ketamine coma. This procedure is not legal in theUS. The website is rsdpainfoundation.org for more information. If anyone who has RSD and has found things that help them weither it is medication or different types of biofeedback. Thanks kevin
    I dunno what rsd pain is... but I DO know what Ketamine is, and that stuff is NO JOKE. I highly doubt that it will ever be legalized in the United States as a pain medication.

I would really suggest not trying any out/experimenting on your own.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

hey feisty,if you did know what RSD pain is like,you would understand the need for the possible ketamine treatments. this actually has been used by RSD patients for many years in certain ways just to try and get the ugly excruciating pain of RSD to possibly remit. they DO do ketamine infusions here in the US with certain RSD patients. it is no joke tho and very very strong stuff. it is used only by certain docs who are extensively trained to use it in RSD patients with intractable pain. it has proven itself to actually work with some patients. i thought my central pain was horrid til i also ended up with RSD in my right knee. that pain is much more all encompasing(very deep and very hypersensitive on the outside too) and can become completely debilitating. you also deal with in some cases,very severe swelling,bone changes(i have constant bone marrow edema now)changes in your skin(along with either extreme hot or cold skin temps over the affected areas),hair and nails. it is one very insane and bizarre condition.

ketamine for whatever reason when done using infusions,really can help with a persons RSD symptoms. RSD gets triggered in some people who suffer some level of sympathetic nervous system damage. mine happened during the same surgery that damaged my spinal cord and also gave me the gift that keeps on giving,central pain too.

there is alot of research info out there on using ketamine for pain,espescially in RSD patients. kind of interesting stuff. just thought i would throw this out there. marcia

^That's totally respectable, and I am an avid fan of the study and/or use of alternative substances for pain management, as I even often use marijuana when mine gets really bad late at night.

Often times most people, when things are not legalized in the US, try to obtain them in some other fashion, and my post was simply a quick warning that this is not a substance that I would suggest experimenting with on your own. (For MANY reasons, the first of which is because it is commonly found in a clear liquid form and it is super easy to really hurt yourself or fall into a K-hole.)
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

believe me,this is not something that anyone really wants to have to do,but it is an option for those who are suffering complete debilitation just from RSD pain. personally,i would be more than a bit hesitant to even go there myself. from what i have heard it is a very intense kind of experience with constant monitoring needed,thats why it is only done inpatient. i couldn't imagine trying to actually take this crap without being someplace where they knew the ins and outs. the things they can use for chronic pain,it really does amaze and scare you doesn;t it? but this is what some are reduced to. its just another very strong option. marcia

They want to try the ketamine infusions on me for my RSD. Have you had it done? Did it help? I have had RSD since I was 11 and it is now spreading. Any advice?