Thread: High blood sugar, low blood pressure?

Thumbs down High blood sugar, low blood pressure?

Can this be and what is happening? Post 38 years. Having more problems with low pressure and feeling very faint.

Low bood pressure might make you feel feint. Low blood sugar usually makes you tremble, jittery, and feel weak- could be described as feeling feaint. And if you have both- you definitely will feel weak & feint &.won't feel good.

Is it new? Is it when you sit up or stand up- postural? do you wear a binder? hose?Make sure you are not dehydrated also & get your blood count-CB checked. If low, bleeding from somewhere?

CWO

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Low bood pressure might make you feel feint. Low blood sugar usually makes you tremble, jittery, and feel weak- could be described as feeling feaint. And if you have both- you definitely will feel weak & feint &.won't feel good.

Is it new? Is it when you sit up or stand up- postural? do you wear a binder? hose?Make sure you are not dehydrated also & get your blood count-CB checked. If low, bleeding from somewhere?

CWO
    Thanks,

It’s higher blood sugar, around 200. As far as new, it’s been about a year, give or take. Things either start about 30 to 60 minutes after getting up or after eating, (any time of day). Don’t stand. Talk to my Doc the other day and he said, “Let’s try a binder and eat a little more salt”, I don’t eat salt at all. I use Hose and drink tons of water. Since using salt in the last two days things have been better.

Forget the salt but try the binder.It is amazing how it helps.

CWO

My Dr. just yesterday put me on medicine for high blood sugar. I just checked a few mintues ago and it was 219.