Thread: New SCI from Hong Kong

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile New SCI from Hong Kong

Hi Dr. Wise,

I am very pleased to be able to seek information from this channel at this helpless moment. My 29-year-old sister got a car accident while travelling Scotland on March 24th. She was severe injured and was just out of ICU few days ago. Doctor says that she gets spinal cord fracture in C4-C5 and broken spinal cord from C6-C7. She has undergone several operations for internal bleeding, broken leg, chest ribs and neck since then. And she will has another one for her front neck so as to allow herself to sit up as soon as possible. However, doctor here says given today's medical resouces / technologies now, my sister will not be able to walk again. My parents, sisters and my sister's friends who have flown to Scotland from Hong Kong after the accident, were shattered apart after hearing the bad news.
    Dr. Wise, could you please advise how we can do next? Is my sister really hopeless even in the future according to what doctor said? We understand that my sister can't leave Scotland until she has no problem breathing her own. And our plan is seeking doctors in China and Hong Kong, actually wherever are possible for treatment. Is there any doctor who has started stem cell transplant in Asia?
    Thanks for your taking time for us.

Candy Kwok
    Last edited by Cancankwok; 04-09-2008 at 07:44 AM.