Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Build a MINI

Build a MINI

So I've been shopping MINI's lately, been thinking of a cool toy car and it fits the bill nicely I think. Went to the dealer to try it out...nice and roomy as well. And man does that door open wide, real wide. I'm nicely impressed, now I just need to justify the $25.3 plus ridiculus taxes for the one I want...

I even went and measured my ghetto garage and it would fit in there also with my Monte Carlo...and not block the side door and ramp going in. Both cars could fully open the doors for cripple access in there .

So as I'm obsessing over MINI's...lets play a fun lil game called...Build a MINI.

Go HERE, build one that you like. Select the Download your Creation option when you are done, and post it here! I'd like to see what you guys like (or you could just pretend while secretly pointing and laughing at me saying 'what a dork'). Hey, I like 'em!

Mini Cooper

Andy, $25K for this vehicle is a bit much. Have you shopped the used market? These are great looking cars, and from what you say, would fit chair users quite well. Keep us informed on your quest.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

They workgreat for chair users! Andy I am a used car dealer and the mini holds its value extremely well!! 07s are doing 22 at the auction
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

I don't know if it would be of any use to you but isn't there a new mini that just came out with suicide door on passenger side?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp
    I don't know if it would be of any use to you but isn't there a new mini that just came out with suicide door on passenger side?
    Its called the Clubman.

If you have questions let me know. I sold MINIs for 5 years (mostly pre-sci) at the highest volume dealer in the US
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Too bad the club door is not on the driver's side.

hey andy... my mini could beat up your mini
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny
    hey andy... my mini could beat up your mini

I knew those things could get up there in $$, but dayum! I guess that one would beat mine up, lol.

Here's my list...just the basics (still wish the price was some 8K less, I'd be more inclined to 'buy now')

Quote Originally Posted by Andy

I knew those things could get up there in $$, but dayum! I guess that one would beat mine up, lol.

Here's my list...just the basics (still wish the price was some 8K less, I'd be more inclined to 'buy now')
    Andy,

I purchased my 2006 MiniCooper S Coupe for about $25,800. Its supercharged engine has 168 HP and average 28 mpg. I recently added the CooperWorks kit (while it was still available), which boosted the engine to 207 hp. It is the best-handling car that I have ever driven. The new turbocharged MiniCooper S 2007-2008 has 175 hp and a highway mileage of 32 mph. You get more power and better fuel efficiency for the same price.

A British Engineering firm has built a high-performance hybrid version of the Mini. Called the PML_Mini QED, this hybrid has a top speed of 150 mph, a 0 to 60 mph of 4.5 seconds. It has four 160 hp motors, one for each wheel. It has a small gasoline engine and is designed to run for four hours of urban driving for an all electric range of 200-250 and a total range of 932 miles. It has fuel economy of up to 80 mpg.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006...ybrid_mini.php

Wise.

They get great reviews on reliability.