Thread: iSight icon- MAC

iSight icon- MAC

Lost the iSight camera icon out of my dock and have no idea where it went to. thus unable to use the built in cam. Can anyone help? did a search and it doesnt help any. thx

Do you mean the Photo Booth application?

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

hmmm......... yes, I think so! i forgot it was called that-

When you are in the Finder, go to the Go menu and choose Applications. In this folder you'll find Photo Booth. Before launching it you can drag it to the Dock. The icons in the Dock are just short-cuts to your applications.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

thank you- i forgot it was called Photo booth. i have moved icons to/from dock before/. hopefully this is the fix!

Good luck! Remember, Photo Booth is just one application that makes use of your iSight. For example Skype uses your iSight as well, and you do not need Photo Booth running for Skype to work with your iSight.

The drivers for your iSight are built-in to Mac OS X.

Chris.

You can also open the program from your applications folder, and its icon will show in the dock. Simply drag the icon where you want it on the dock, or control click (right click) the icon and choose "Keep in dock."

I'm constantly dragging things out of my dock by accident, can get annoying.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Also if you go to the Applications folder, you can drag any Application you want into the Dock and it will stay put!
    "If ya don't have it in the hips, ya better have it in the lips..." ~ Charlie - Villa Dulce