Thread: AD and standing frames

AD and standing frames

I noticed that when I am in a standing frame for more than 30 minutes, I start to get AD symptoms. Is there any way to keep this from happening, so I can use a standing frame longer?

Jessie

Good question. I stopped standing years ago because of the same thing. I would feel like crap and my blood pressure would be pretty high for awhile and slowly go down.

This is unusual, as most people fight low blood pressure when standing. It indicates that your body is very uncomfortable. Adjusting the standing frame to alter where the knee pads or back support fits may help. You may also want to discuss the use of medication with your physician (usually Nitropaste). Otherwise you do need to sit down when you start to get symptoms.

(KLD)

Try taking Ibuprofen 200-400 mg 45 minutes before standing.

CWO

Thanks! I'll try that.
    Its starting to get annoying that I can't stand in the dang frame longer, especially when I want to.

Jessie

When I was trying to stand it was on a tilt table with Velcro going above my knees and also across the chest. I just figured the weight was putting a lot of strain on my body.