Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm whining again....

Not wishing to tempt fate but this is all looking very positive.

Best of luck with the biopsy.

Hey guys...Well I saw the surgeon yesterday and I'm having surgery on May 1st. Needle biopsy not really an option, kind of a waste of time, so he's going in with a couple cameras, & to get a small chunk to check it out. I (hopefully) will get away with a lil surgery & it's benign, if not depending on what he finds, he'll continue to take the lobe.

So, either a benign quick 2-3 day jaunt in the hospital, or a cancer & couple weeks in hospital and way more recovery time.. I asked if we could put it off till winter, Nope, No Go, he said if we wait I might not see next summer...So I guess he won that one Ba humbug, geez ya wait all winter for summer to finally get here....grrrrrrr.

Anywho, lets hope for the good news quickie surgery, phfttt...who am I kidding, things never go that way, it will be the big one, I know it. At least it won't be near as bad as my laminectomy for my syrinx, nothing will ever match that brutal recovery from hell.

Brightside, I must remember, it's only the lung and not both the adrenals like we were worried about. I must remind myself.

I really don't have alot of time to worry about me anywho, my sis-in-law is still in the hosp., looks like her cancer is back in her lung, neck and brain, this is so not good. It's so hard to tell what symptoms there are because she's so wasted on dialodid every three hours for headaches.

Can't tell if it's the dope or her brain doing weird shit. She said people look like monsters, her hands look like they're skin and meat..real freaky stuff man. She couldn't walk without a walker. It sounds like the dope to me, then yesterday she seemed better. I've been there everyday and it's killing me, they still don't know for sure if it's cancer in her brain, because of all the swelling. geez....this sucks so bad. Sorry, got rattling on about my sis now. Can't help it, I have to be so positive at the hosp, but it so doesn't look good. I think we're loosing her quicker than I thought. Anywho off to see her .....thanks again guys

Well I believe there's Power in Words.
    So I'm speaking positive for you!

Good news quickie surgery, phfttt!

Prayers are going up for your sister.
    Positive words for her too.

Dear Lord please release "sis" from all her pain.
    Embrace her with your loving arms.
    Remove all the cancer from her body.
    Give her strength beyond measure.
    Be with her in her time of need.
    I ask all these things in your son Jesus Christ's name.

I can't even imagine how hard this is for you.
    May God give you courage.

MG, wow, I just saw this thread. I certainly hope the best for you and your sis-in-law. Hang tough! Bob

I am not good at praying, but I sure wish both of you gals (Barbara and monkeygirl) all the best and here is to hoping that your lumps turn out to be benign. As if we wheelchair jocks didn't have enough issues already.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Great news about it not being metastatic. And great news about the surgery, as much as it is a boomer...I do hope it is benign, but if it is not, it sounds as if it is resectable.
    Lung cancer is such a beast.

Geez Monk ....... .... postive thoughts, prayers and light of course ..... but I think it was Beth or someone here who said "laugh at the devil" ...... he's got nothing on you ..... stay strong ...

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

MG I'm so glad to hear that the mass in the adrenal gland was negative, just as I believed it would. Keep positive thoughts regarding the mass in the lung. As the pet scan read, it could very well be benign. Just a thought for positive thinking, many people are prone to having cysts, I for one. I didn't have it in my lung but I have had them elsewhere where all they were, were just benign cysts. I'm not a doc. but here's hoping and praying that all they find is a cyst.

I will keep you and your sis-in-law in my thoughts and prayers

Update:

So my sis-in-law, my best friend, died of breast cancer with mets to her lung & brain last Monday. I can't believe this cancer crap. Basically with-in 3 wks of feeling crummy & a bad headache, going to hospital, she got painkillers and radiation on her brain to relieve that pain. We thought she was coming home after the 1st week and would just be getting more treatment.

Nope...I so hate friggin cancer..exactly the same as my Bro 1 1/2 yrs ago, went to hosp, 3 wks later dead. My sis-in-law was 52 my Bro 54, both gone just like that.

At this point I can't see there being any people left on this planet in a 100yrs from now. It's just a matter of time we all get this friggin cancer. It's reached epidemic porportions. It's bloody ridiculous. Everyone I know has someone or two or three in their family with this crap.

Somehow I'm loosing my ability to be positive on the 20th when I go for my surgery. I posponed it to be with my sis.

All I can say is I'm not looking to be here in max. 10yrs, we could be dead 3 weeks, so my priorities have changed. I'm going to write down everything I want to do and where I want to go, and I'm going to do it.

Life sure sucks sometimes, that's my mom, my dad, my bro, my sis-in-law. I feel like a freekin orphan.

Anywho, whining & venting...somehow I doubt I'll have good news for you guys after the 20th. Even if it's not cancer this time, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I'm sorry Monkeygirl. That's very sad.

(((hugs)))