Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm whining again....

I'm whining again....

Well, I don't think I've whined on here since I found that syrinx and had a brutal surgery & recovery about 5 yrs back. No wait, I have whined about my hockey team.

Anywho, I've been keeping this quiet to everyone except my hubby and my sis-inlaw. I don't want to worry anyone un-necessarily you know what I mean, besides my mom & dad & bro are gone now anyway, except for one bro, there's no way I can tell him after loosing mom & bro a couple yrs back.

Anywho again, I was dry coughing quite a bit with a bit of chest pain so I went to Dr. got x-rays, CT's, bld tests, long story short and they found a mass in my lung 5x5cms, along with a couple smaller ones in my adrenal glands.

I've been waiting for a Pet Scan, I go Tuesday and I'm a total basketcase. If I light up like a Xmas tree it's frikin malignant, possibly metastasized from who knows, lung or adrenals or who knows where else it is.

I don't have any normal cancer symptoms, my cough is gone, I feel fine, except for my head (I'm going nuts waiting) After the Pet Scan, my doc appt is the following Tues. I'll be ready for the loonie bin by then.

I will be so pissed if it's lung cancer, I quit smoking 13yrs ago April Fool's Day. ( just incase I started up again I could say April Fools.LOL...) I guess I'll be pissed if it's cancer period.

So that's it, I'm whining again...the ol' geez man what next gimmee a break...you know what I mean? I've just spent the last couple yrs with my sis in-law going through breast cancer which came back in her lung, she just had surgery last mth.

When I was coughing, I joked to her it was sympathy lung cancer..go fiqure....

Anywho...I'm just praying to God it's not Cancer and it's just a few weird benign growths or something. This sucks man, I'm so not into dealing with all the cancer crap.

Well, believe it or not, it feels good getting it off my chest (no pun intended) to you guys. I guess I'm kinda hoping for prayers too, but I was told you can't ask for prayers, it doesn't work that way.

Maybe there's someone here who has been through a similar thing, anyone had lung cancer, or masses that were actually benign? How about a Pet Scan for cancer?

Ok, I'm done whining I hope at least till the 15th when I see the doc, or if I can weasel out any info from the Pet Scan techs. I doubt it, they're always so tight lipped.

PS: I hope I don't bum anyone out, that's why I don't tell anybody, but here we're just cyber-buddies so it should be ok. I just had to tell you guys.

Good luck Monkeygirl

Quote Originally Posted by monkeygirl

I guess I'm kinda hoping for prayers too

You've got mine
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Yeah, monkeygirl, good luck.
    4/6/97, car accident, C5. http://raccoon-kathleen.blogspot.com/

Fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed..

I gotcher back, girl. Gawdamighty, you must be frantic.

Gotcha ,and I'm so sorry your goin through this
    "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Monkeygirl, I hope you pull through... at least long enough to see the Habs win another Stanley Cup.

Seriously, I'llpray for you.

Good luck. I am glad to see that you're on top of it at least. So many I have known to go down didn't do anything preventive in the short run.

This isn't something to take lightly. Good to hear you quit smoking.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Hang in there

guess I'm kinda hoping for prayers too, but I was told you can't ask for prayers, it doesn't work that way.

Art....well I will ask God to help you.....and when you are scared who else do you ask?....God and your friends.

Art
    Art