Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oxy is not working well anymore and need ideas

Hi Guys,
    Here is a link to my new wheels. http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/mrspust123 They finally arrived yesterday. Ignore my kids bookbags on the couch. They forgot to put them away. I taught myself how to pop a few wheelies last night, and my kids were impressed. I love the manual chair, it's so light! And the motorized wheelchair is awesome!
    My new PM is no longer my PM. Seems he decided that he didn't like driving up here every day, so now, they are replacing him. Second time in less than two months.....sigh. Anyway, I have to wait a couple of weeks to see the new guy again about changing the meds around.
    Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by WonderDerek
    I take Klonopin as a sleep med.

Aren't oxycontin and methadone really, really constipating meds? I asked my doctor about them before he upped my dosage of Fentanyl to 75, and he said that his paitents say that those are much more constipating.
    Hi Derek,
    Yes, they are constipating, but for me, it's better than the alternative.
    I have to wait now until they get a new PM up here, since the one that they got to replace mine doesn't like the drive up here. Now, they are replacing him yet again. I hope this one sticks around a while.
    And that he is willing to switch the meds around.....a little less sweating would be nice.
    Sandi M

Quote Originally Posted by painsmylife
    i was on oxycontin for a while, like a year or 2, but once i had to stop it, i had withdrawals something awful. so, we chose methadone, with my backup for breakthru being percocet 7.5 and the muscle relaxer being soma. it all does very well together.. Maybe a different doctor???? i changed doctors in 2005 and have done VERY WELL.. i think doctors are not all created equal.. i am a nurse... your choice of course.
    We don't have a big choice in PM's where I live unfortunately. The few others that are around here are more "shot jockeys" and are not willing to prescribe meds.
    I sought them out before my 2nd surgery in August to try to find a new PM.
    I may have to look into driving a bit further but I usually can't tolerate much more than about a 15 minute drive before I am in a whole lot of pain.
    I may check into seeing if there is someone else that I don't know about yet.
    Thanks,
    Sandi

Hang in there

Sandim,

I too use a combo of Lyrica and methadone. It works better than anything else I have tried. I am a T4 complete and c6 incomplete 2003 injury.
    Hang in there it never goes away.
    Semper fi

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi
    Sandim,

I too use a combo of Lyrica and methadone. It works better than anything else I have tried. I am a T4 complete and c6 incomplete 2003 injury.
    Hang in there it never goes away.
    Semper fi
    I also take Lyrica, now added Cymbalta to it, along with the Baclofen..
    Methadone we have tried twice now , and once we get to a certain dosage, I never seem to get rid of the over sleepiness, and get no relief with it at lower doses.
    Thanks for your help and ideas,
    Sandi