Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Oxy is not working well anymore and need ideas

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by papito1
    for spasm valium works good and interacts with baclofen for muscle relaxation, honestly we are lost case dealin with pain, its very unpredictable dealin with complication with these injury that burden us, i live in happiness through or with my spirit
    Thanks Papito1,
    I guess valium is always an option, may be something to discuss with the PM when I see him next week.
    Sandi

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sandim
    I'm sorry to hear that Mike.....Seems to happen to alot of us on Oxycontin.
    Take care. I'm sorry that the scs did not work out for you. I was hoping it would give you some relief.
    Sandi
    yeah and the thing that is pissing me off is the sales rep is trying to make like it is working better than it is.
    they are getting pissed cause i contacted the manaufacturer.
    the scs works a little, it works better for my walking pain,
    it really doesn't work well for the shocks at all.
    the shocks, stinging, hacksawing pain was the reason it was implanted. they make way too much money implanting these things.
    cauda equina

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    yeah and the thing that is pissing me off is the sales rep is trying to make like it is working better than it is.
    they are getting pissed cause i contacted the manaufacturer.
    the scs works a little, it works better for my walking pain,
    it really doesn't work well for the shocks at all.
    the shocks, stinging, hacksawing pain was the reason it was implanted. they make way too much money implanting these things.
    I talked to a rep at one time about scs. I don't want one at this point, and since I can't tolerate a TENS unit for more than 4-5 minutes at a time, I wanted to know how it would be different since the sensations are similar and she had no answer other than to tell me that I should just have the trial anyway......
    I have to have an MRI of the brain today and cervical spine. My neurosurgeon thinks I may have Multiple Sclerosis on top of the CES and arachnoiditis......when it rains it pours around here.
    I hope that you can get it straightened out so that it does something for the electrical shocks and the stinging. It's so frustrating to do something so invasive and then not have it work. Hang in there Mike.
    Keep calling whoever you have to , to get answers.
    Sandi

  4. #14

    Smile

    Hi sandi, I'm new to the website but have dealt with severe chronic pain and muscle spasms. I have been around the same circle of the meds that you listed for chronic pain to replace the oxycontin. Have you tried the fentanyl patch. It lasts for 3 days and has very few side effects. I am also on baclofen and the max dosage is 45 mg per day. hope this info helps. kevin

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    7
    Hi Sandi Have you tried to ask for Kadian, I switched off the oxycontin onto that and like it alot better, it is some form of a morphine but I love it alot better and a extended release as well.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sandim
    I talked to a rep at one time about scs. I don't want one at this point, and since I can't tolerate a TENS unit for more than 4-5 minutes at a time, I wanted to know how it would be different since the sensations are similar and she had no answer other than to tell me that I should just have the trial anywayii
    the sensation of the scs at low levels is very pleasant, it feels good.
    it throws a tingling sensation down my legs , and i can control intensity with a remote. it also has 4 different programs..
    the epi trial really isn't that big a procedure it is a needle in your epidural , except in my case , the epi would not cover the toes,, so they said the lami was best. except with a lami , no trial .
    i had a previous ANS scs implanted epidural, it was a disaster. poor coverage , never worked on the pain, sutures didn't dissolve granular
    when they were implanting the lami i got some coveragein my toesm but weak,, i get much better coverage higher up , like my my knee , shin , areas i dont need, there was a trace of coverage , so they placed it. it was better than the epidural attempt.
    i have some pain relief with it , but not that much, not enough to lower my 24/7 meds and i doubt going to lower my bt meds when i increase activity.
    it does work pretty well for my weight bearing pain, since it covers most of my foot.
    i am just wondering now if it ever does work on my type of pain. it was hard to do enough research before hand, since my pain want manged well, very hard to keep your head out of your butt, when either in pain or fighting the pain or bowel problems due to the meds.
    my stinging burning pain is caused by my scar tissue and unstable spine, so i wonder if it works on this type of pain
    cauda equina

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by irisheyes
    Hi sandi, I'm new to the website but have dealt with severe chronic pain and muscle spasms. I have been around the same circle of the meds that you listed for chronic pain to replace the oxycontin. Have you tried the fentanyl patch. It lasts for 3 days and has very few side effects. I am also on baclofen and the max dosage is 45 mg per day. hope this info helps. kevin
    Hi Kevin,
    Welcome to the group! I haven't tried the fentanyl patch simply because I have a reaction to adhesive, and I get a nasty, oozing rash from that stuff. That's why they haven't chosen that route yet, but I read somewhere that someone used a nasal spray antihistamine and it stopped that type of reaction so I may try that at some point.
    Thanks for the idea.
    Sandi

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by yvette777
    Hi Sandi Have you tried to ask for Kadian, I switched off the oxycontin onto that and like it alot better, it is some form of a morphine but I love it alot better and a extended release as well.
    Thanks Yvette,
    I see the PM next Thursday and can hardly wait. The sweating is really getting to me.
    Sandi

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    the sensation of the scs at low levels is very pleasant, it feels good.
    it throws a tingling sensation down my legs , and i can control intensity with a remote. it also has 4 different programs..
    the epi trial really isn't that big a procedure it is a needle in your epidural , except in my case , the epi would not cover the toes,, so they said the lami was best. except with a lami , no trial .
    i had a previous ANS scs implanted epidural, it was a disaster. poor coverage , never worked on the pain, sutures didn't dissolve granular
    when they were implanting the lami i got some coveragein my toesm but weak,, i get much better coverage higher up , like my my knee , shin , areas i dont need, there was a trace of coverage , so they placed it. it was better than the epidural attempt.
    i have some pain relief with it , but not that much, not enough to lower my 24/7 meds and i doubt going to lower my bt meds when i increase activity.
    it does work pretty well for my weight bearing pain, since it covers most of my foot.
    i am just wondering now if it ever does work on my type of pain. it was hard to do enough research before hand, since my pain want manged well, very hard to keep your head out of your butt, when either in pain or fighting the pain or bowel problems due to the meds.
    my stinging burning pain is caused by my scar tissue and unstable spine, so i wonder if it works on this type of pain
    Mike I am back in PT and although they do try to use the TENS unit, I can barely tolerate it at a setting of 3 for 4 minutes, that's my limit......then it comes off, fast, otherwise it feels as though something is burning.....stinging. It's a nasty feeling.
    I often wondered the same thing, if scs is really helpful in dealing with the kind of pain that I see/hear more often described from CES, and so far, I haven't read glowing reports....
    Most of the time, the reports seem patchy at best, and seem to fade over time.....that is not something that I want to deal with, if I am going to have something invasive done again....I want some decent pain relief.....not total relief because I know that's not a possibility, but decent pain relief would be good.....
    I would probably need a laminectomy placement as well according to the neurosurgeon and that to me, without knowing for sure that there was going to be decent pain relief seems to be too risky in my opinion.
    I know not everyone feels that way, but I do.....
    I hope things improve for you Mike. I know how frustrating it can be dealing with this stuff.
    Sandi

  10. #20
    it has been my understanding thatg TENS has nothing in common with the scs , besides a similiaer sensation, the pain blicking mechanicms are supposed to ber tootally different and nothing similiar as far as pai, at least that is what one doctor told me.
    i do sioi a lot of refeences to tens when someone refers to a SCS, but it upposed to be not the same pain blocking.
    yes i am stil researching if my pain is th etypical pain used for this type of scs, they rush you into things your in pain, you want the pain to stop so you can have a life back, i am seeing rather than attempting to manage the pain, they are to quick to implant something that may have nothing to do with your pain syndrome.
    i found out from a pm doc last week that implants these scs stimulator's that mechanical pain of si joint pain or piriformis syndrome or pelvic asymmetry which causes si joint pain and piriformis syndrome does not respond to the scs treatment. i dont know if that has anything to do with me, i have a unstable spine that causes a lot of my pain.
    i am going to try and call him next week to talk about it .
    cauda equina

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •