Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bad teeth

Diabetes run rampant. He didn't take care of himself and was in denial for years. He also couldn't afford the drugs and never sought any aid to get them as he was inbetween jobs at the time.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

it is not a matter of poor dental hygiene for everyone. the dry mouth changes the ph of the mouth, making you more susceptible to enamel erosion which may only be noted as an increased sensitivity, not necessarily a cosmetic issue. By the time ou are aware that there is a problem, your teeth have become weakened from acids and begin to break. Once one goes, it can change your bite leading to others taking the stresses of chewing. Then that one becomes damaged trying to make up for the loss of the other tooth and so on and so on in a vicious cycle until they are all damaged or broken. Until dental health is treated just like any other health issue by health plans it will continue to be treated like a luxury item for many people who have no choice but to let their dental health take a lower priority than say providing food and housing for their children. Dental care is a luxury for many people in this country and it should not be so.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Well it's been a week now that I've had my teeth out and my face is still very swollen but at least it doesn't hurt nearly as bad anymore. My tongue still hurts though and the doctor wants me to keep the stitches in for another week otherwise it will split down the middle, which is kind of the way it was and I wouldn't mind at all. I told one of my ex-girlfriends that they did a biopsy of my tongue and that they took some off and all she could say was "damn"... LOL.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Rybread - don't mean to 'assume' you haven't thought of this, but was just wondering if you've used ice to help relieve the swelling on your face? It usually helps bring swelling down really well.
    "When it comes to a choice between two evils, I will always choose the one I haven't tried before." - Mae West

I'm feeling a lot better, thank you very much. All the swelling is pretty much gone now but I had to make several adjustments on my bottom teeth sitting on my gums because the swelling in my gums went down. The worst thing happened a couple days ago, my tot teeth fell off the bed when I was trying to sleep in one of the front teeth broke off. Fortunately we found the tooth so when I get out of here (Kindrid), I can have someone run them down to the dentist office and they can glue it back in, or else do it myself (okay, my caregiver would do it, but it's nice to think I did it). I'll probably go with that method considering all that would cost me is some epoxy and its $220 for the dentist office to do it.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Whatever you do...DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE!!! If you do, you will have just bought yourself a new entire plate. I believe that the place you got your teeth from should only charge a minimum amount if anything to do the repair. See if there is a denture center in the area that can do on the spot repairs.

I bet they look good, though.