Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever tried to contact the dead?

He can heal small things, not SCI or cancer. But he has been healing me for UTIs and colds and he can heal pain. It is strange, I did take one test for UTI in the rehab and the next day I had to take another one and the UTI was gone. Believe me, my UTIs never go away without anti biotics

So if he is available and I get an UTI, I try to make him come and visit. He has a SCI too so it is not always so easy. If you never been healed you don't know, but it is a strange feeling. I can't feel the difference between hot and cold but I can feel the heat from his hands. And I can feel the blood going more quickly and after I get very sleepy. I know he can help people with allergy too, but honestly, I am not so interested in what he is doing for others, he usually doesn't speak about it either. And he never takes money, he is doing it as a favour.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    I guess I'm not understanding why you and Tufel are disagreeing.
    I'm not sure that I understand it either.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    I don't know about ouija boards, but I agree with Tiger that opening the door to every negative/positive energy out there is not a good idea.
    It really isn't and there are all kinds of ways that people do this. Some are just more commonly observed than others.

For the life of me, I don't know how anyone can possibly believe using a Ouija board can truly contact the dead. It's a game made by Parker Brothers.
    The fact that Parker Brothers has profited off this doesn't negate the fact that this form of divination has existed for years upon years. And I never said that I believed that it allowed one to contact "the dead." I believe that it opens the door to various daemons that don't normally exist on our mortal plane. Life and death have little meaning here.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin View Post
    In the primary senses of the words, if something is sensory it's tangible.
    Um... no. Smells are not something we process via touch. Nor are sights or sounds.

I'm not looking to nitpick here. This is about the basic definition of the terms we are using. We seem to understand them exactly backwards.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    Um... no. Smells are not something we process via touch. Nor are sights or sounds.

I'm not looking to nitpick here. This is about the basic definition of the terms we are using. We seem to understand them exactly backwards.

C.
    Why should I or they be any exceptions?

If we can have:
    the tangible benefits of sunshine.
    we can have the tangible effluvium of swamp gas.
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 02-26-2009 at 12:25 AM.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

The fact that Parker Brothers has profited off this doesn't negate the fact that this form of divination has existed for years upon years. And I never said that I believed that it allowed one to contact "the dead." I believe that it opens the door to various daemons that don't normally exist on our mortal plane. Life and death have little meaning here.

C.
    Is it possible that these experiences with deamons or spirits are psychosomatic? I've never in all in my life heard an audible voice from a spirit, seen a ghost, or witnessed a miracle. However, I've frightened or excited myself enough to think I've seen or heard or felt something that really wasn't there.

C.
    I agree with you. From the various people I've spoken that have worked with the Ouija board have reported similar statements.

Tiger -- if you were to define or give names to your *spiritual* influences -- how would you state them layman's terms?

I used to play with the Quija board when I was a kid. Last time i did it the indicator started vibrating a lot but nothing else happened. ONe time when I was really young, like 7 or 8, me and a friend where using it, nothing was happening so i got bored and slid the indicator really fast and hard to where it flew out of my hand and hit the wall. As soon as I did that something banged on my bed room door. Opened it up and no one was there. Pretty creepy. I'll probably never touch it again. i could never communicate with it. Didn't have the patience or it wouldn't move. Those two instances were the only times something happened with my experiences.

Is it possible that these experiences with deamons or spirits are psychosomatic?
    Sure. It's also possible that many of the things that we dismiss as psychosomatic are actually entities and energy that we don't yet understand.

BTW, I use the original Greek definition of the term "daemon" meaning an intelligent spirit. The term doesn't imply a negative. It's another one of those words that Xians appropriated and twisted a bit to both include and condemn other beliefs.

I've never in all in my life heard an audible voice from a spirit, seen a ghost, or witnessed a miracle. However, I've frightened or excited myself enough to think I've seen or heard or felt something that really wasn't there.
    How do you know that you saw or heard something that wasn't real? Were your experiences shown to be false or is it that you had no proof of the unusual and so concluded that they must be unreal?

I have been an empath my entire life, I've seen ghosts and my family has lived in a house that was inhabited with some sort of extremely negative, malevolent energy (what is commonly referred to as "evil"). I have absolutely no scientific proof of any of that, only my own experience and that of my family. The closest that I have to "proof" of a paranormal experience is the fact that I dreamt about the fire I had in my race car a week before it happened.

I am not a proponent of "faith" and don't expect anyone to just accept what I, or anyone else, says about their personal experiences. Anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. However, a lack of proof doesn't mean that something doesn't exist either. An open mind and a willingness to accept information from alternative sources is never a bad thing.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    if you were to define or give names to your *spiritual* influences -- how would you state them layman's terms?
    I am a Hellenic Pagan and I honour the Ancient Greek Gods. Is that what you mean?

C.