Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever tried to contact the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    I can't see him but I can smell him. It is very strange, I am in my living room and suddenly the room start to smell my father. Not the way he smelled when he was old, but when I was a child. He was a silver smith and he always smelled something between his personal smell and the silver. I don't get afraid, it is like he is coming to see if I am ok and I get relaxed.
    That's very cool.

C.

Mama don't allow now Ouija boardin' round here.

From a post in another thread, long ago:

When I was a kid (4th-5th grade) my friend's house was haunted. OMG it was spooky. Rooms got cold, cabinet doors opened and closed, pictures fell off walls, that kind of thing. Her father had died in mysterious circumstances, later believed to be murder, in Guam just the year before. It wasn't a particularly old house, never knew the history at all.

As an adult, I asked her about it. She said when she and her mom moved to a brand new house, the "ghost" went with them. Doors and windows unlocked themselves, she got yelled at that for that and for a picture frame (photo of her dad) that lay broken on top of her new leather jacket. It never went away until they burned a Ouija board that they had acquired just before the scary stuff started.

I don't know what's real, and can't fully explain the feelings that went up your spine in her house, but I darned sure don't allow Ouija boards in my house.

My caregiver and I were driving around one day when I got a really bad feeling, that I've had before before something happens, so I was telling her to be careful driving home, be careful of red lights and stop signs and watch out for accident. Meanwhile, she kept ignoring her phone until right after she left to go home. She comes back into my house five minutes later bawling, just in tears, because it was the police trying to get ahold of her to tell her that her boyfriend overdosed on heroin and died. I boycott a weird connection like that when weird stuff is going to happen.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    You'd be surprised. It doesn't really have anything to do with the board itself. That's just a simple tool. It has to do with focusing and opening yourself up to other energies.

C.
    Why are those energies automatically evil? It seems fairly innocent to use a board with letters to explore one's spirituality.

I can just see our benefactor rolling his eyes at yet another nonscientific topic.

No, TR, a ouija boards is not a tool. A visegrips is a tool and we should be careful not to post having been bent out of shape by society's.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    No, TR, a ouija boards is not a tool.
    Says you? Oh, OK, well, I'll just give that the consideration that it deserves.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    Why are those energies automatically evil?
    Did I say that? No. I said that using a oujia board is opening a door to "just about anything". That rather clearly implies that it can be good or bad. The point is that you don't know.

It seems fairly innocent to use a board with letters to explore one's spirituality.
    It may "seem" that way, but I am telling you that it is not. It's like posting your name and address on the internet and asking random strangers to visit you. You don't know who will show up.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Did I say that? No. I said that using a oujia board is opening a door to "just about anything". That rather clearly implies that it can be good or bad. The point is that you don't know.

It may "seem" that way, but I am telling you that it is not. It's like posting your name and address on the internet and asking random strangers to visit you. You don't know who will show up.

C.
    I didn't mean to put words into your mouth, but I suspected a pessimistic attitude to your answer. So I was wondering why one would contact an evil spirit with an innocent motive. I don't know. I'm pretty skeptical about those boards, even though I know people who swear by them. My cousins believe the tool moved on its own in front of them.

My brain tries to contact my dead legs all day..... but no luck....anyone have a spiritual medium to help my brain contact them?
    JOE

This million dollars is still waiting to be claimed after many years.
    http://www.randi.org/joom/challenge-info.html
    The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.
    At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event.
    TR, its waiting for you.