Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever tried to contact the dead?

Has anyone ever tried to contact the dead?

I'm curious if anyone has tried to contact a loved one (or anyone) who is dead. Using a seance, ouija board, medium who claims the power, etc.

If anyone has, I'd like to hear about it.

And do some people believe there could be danger in attempting to contact a dead person?

What type of danger I can't guess - there might be some existence after we die in this world, there might not - it's debatable, with no clear proof either way in many people's minds.

If some believe there is another existence after this one, how do you know if it's a good existence, one not so good, or maybe even one very negative in nature? I wonder if it's possible that some here believe that contact can be made with somone in this other existence, be the consequences good or bad, and if one would or has attempted to do so.

Curiosity killed the cat, I know, but didn't it bring him back? Back from where?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    I'm curious if anyone has tried to contact a loved one (or anyone) who is dead. Using a seance, ouija board, medium who claims the power, etc.
    Stay away from ouija boards. You are opening a door to just about anything. There are much more controlled ways to reach out to other planes.

And do some people believe there could be danger in attempting to contact a dead person?
    Depends on how you do it, but is there anything inherently dangerous in actually communicating with the dead? Not that I've seen or heard of.

If some believe there is another existence after this one, how do you know if it's a good existence, one not so good, or maybe even one very negative in nature?
    I am not certain of what comes after this life, but I do know that there is some sort of transition and that it can be a very positive one.

Curiosity killed the cat, I know, but didn't it bring him back?
    Not exactly. They say that curiousity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back.

So out of curiousity, what prompted your questions on this topic?

C.

I'm a little superstitious. I wouldn't mess with it. I have thought of going to a psychic fair once though ... so skeptical though. If they can't tell me why I'm in my chair, I figure I'm outta there.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I guess you won't know unless you tried, eh. But, then again, no matter how much/hard you attempt to contact, they might have to be interested in even receiving your call. Don't be surprised if they have you on a 'do not call' list, or simply had all lines disconnected.

Danger?

Just don't try to contact anyone you pissed off.

rdf...

my cousin believes in this and has been for the past 4 yrs trying to get me to contact the woman she goes to. i was very skeptical at first, but she's told me some pretty freaky stuff. she tells me all the time that there r "signs" and if u truly believe they really do mean something.

the woman that she goes to lives in connecticut and has been on tv. when my cousin has gone it's usually with many people...like 50 or more. when she walks into the room she gets feelings and then goes from there. without giving her any information about u or the individual u r trying to contact.

as of late...i've been giving a lot of thought to doing this. i so badly want to know some unanswered questions...though i wonder if i'll really want to know. that's where jim doesn't want me to do this...he's on the religious side. i'm more of the philosopher and have a very open mind.

stormie
    and in the end it's not the years in your life that count it's the life in your years. abraham lincoln

This may be a bit off topic but I am an anostic and do not believe there is such thing as a soul. But when I visit graves of relatives I talk to them as if they are listening. I think it's more for my own benefit than actually trying to "reach" anyone. I've messed with Quija boards when I was younger but came to realize that if it were possible to contact another plane of existence it wouldn't be with something made by Parker Bros™.
    No human society, present or past, has lacked music. Music is therefore one of the very few human universals, which puts it on the same level as food and sex.
    Fredric Lieberman

Quote Originally Posted by Zoso
    if it were possible to contact another plane of existence it wouldn't be with something made by Parker Bros™.
    You'd be surprised. It doesn't really have anything to do with the board itself. That's just a simple tool. It has to do with focusing and opening yourself up to other energies.

C.

I think the biggest risk would be finding a charlatan who takes your money on false promises of having you able to communicate with a dead person, along with raised hopes that are probably not going to be fufilled.

I have not¨tried to communicate with a dead person. But I lost my father 2,5 years ago and he has been visiting me since. In the beginning quite often, lately seldom. He died alone, very quietly, in his old chair and we do not why, but he looked like he slept so he died without pain.

I can't see him but I can smell him. It is very strange, I am in my living room and suddenly the room start to smell my father. Not the way he smelled when he was old, but when I was a child. He was a silver smith and he always smelled something between his personal smell and the silver. I don't get afraid, it is like he is coming to see if I am ok and I get relaxed.

I am not religous in any way.
    TH 12, 43 years post

My uncle visited a "medium" who had a spirit-guide that would enter her body and communicate to the dead, relaying messages. The woman lived in a small farm house outside of the city. The appt my uncle took was originally for a friend who backed out at the last minute. The woman went into a trance, then her guide came to and spoke with my uncle about his deceased father, my grandpa. Whoever it was asked questions that were not general and very specific...my uncle recorded it too but I haven't heard it yet. I believe strongly that if we are open and prepared for messages from another world so to speak, that communication can happen.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson