Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using MS Office 2007? Word problem...

Question Anyone using MS Office 2007? Word problem...

Even though my address is single-spaced in the letter itself, when print the envelope, it's double-spaced and the last line (city,state, zip) gets cut off. I've tried "options... font... character spacing.." tried all combinations of those settings... HELP, before I pull out what's left of my hair!!
    AB, Husband is c5-6 inc quad, 25 years post injury.

Have you checked the margins? Maybe you are past the margin, also you could type the letter block style and have everything left side justified. I mean everything is on the left. Date, address, body of the letter, no indenting. It is much simpler this way and very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by ginamarie
    Have you checked the margins? Maybe you are past the margin, also you could type the letter block style and have everything left side justified. I mean everything is on the left. Date, address, body of the letter, no indenting. It is much simpler this way and very popular.
    Yes, I formatted the letter ok. I'm only having trouble with the envelope.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you were talking about the envelope. Did you make sure that you chose the right size envelope?

Quote Originally Posted by ginamarie
    Did you make sure that you chose the right size envelope?
    Check... I've been working with Word for years... never have I had this problem LOL.... I think I hate the 2007 version... even if I just type the address in a blank envelope window, it automatically double-spaces...

I have no idea then, sorry! Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I haven't really used 2007 that much, but in 2003 if you go to the options there is a section to align the text of the return address and a section to align the text of the delivery address.

You can click on the up arrow of the "from top" section and it moves the delivery address up and down on the envelope. On 2003 it is on the same screen that you select the envelope size.

I am sure it is completly different in 2007, but perhaps you can raise the address higher on the envelope. Sorry I couldn't be of more help...
    Wheelchair Lifts can open up new doors and restore independence.

I can't give the exact names at this point, but under the layout (or similar) tab there is an option to have spacing after each line, the default is set to 10. That could be adding enough extra space to knock the line off.

I'm not fond of 2007 either, don't use it much though.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Yeah, nothing's working, I ended up just going to my WinWay (resume program) which won't print envelopes at all, even though it's supposed to, and just exporting the file to word format. Then it printed ok.

This letter is a follow-up for an interview I had for an administrative asst. position. Needless to say, it has to look professional. I mean, an admin has to know how to format a damn envelope, right?? I wish I'd never bought this 2007 version! Although, I'm assuming at least some of the companies I'm applying to are using it.

Thanks for all your suggestions!

You can try this:

1 open up word
    2 look at the right top
    3 there should be white boxes that are named normal, no spacing and heading 1
    4 click on no spacing to select it(normal is currently being selected)
    5 right click on no spacing
    6 click on modify
    7 make all changes you want so that its nice and set up for u (and rename if u want)
    8 on the bottom, click on "New Documents based on this template"
    9 select no spacing if not selected
    10 type and the desired font, spacing, and size, color etc will work

now whenever u open word, just select no spacing(or whatever you renamed it) and it will work