Thread: quad driving aid

quad driving aid

hi, I finally bought a car!!! now it's time to think of driving aids.....I don't know what kind of modifications exist...so any help is welcome!!

thank you!!!!

Sergio from Argentina

any ideas??????

Blog Entries
    hang in there, the site was down for a few days this week. you should get some answers soon. Glad ya got a car, that's the hard part, the rest is all downhill.

You should be able to get a driving assessment done to determine what kind of modifications and driving controls you will require. Good luck getting it all done.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Blog Entries
    http://tinyurl.com/53qxjb
    here is one thread let me find more...
    http://tinyurl.com/3pvssd
    this is a link to mine, but I'm a T4.

I made a very similar set for a quad here, adding a wrist attachment. They were just to get him going, he had nothing else. I'm not even sure he tried them yet,
    But there is less than 100 dollars in them. Basically they are just a mechanical way to push the two pedals. You may require more assistance, and think about how to secure yourself in your seat to prevent uncontrolled movement on turns and such. There are a few quads here who drive cars also. Hopefully they will chime in soon.

PS Your hometown, CORDOBA was the same name given to one of my favorite cars, I had a 78 Ghost Gray Cordoba with a 400ci motor. Made it a low rider, the lowest part of the frame was about 4 inches off the ground, lol. NOT a smart move in east Tennessee at the time. She was pretty though. Here is a pic of another one, different color, I found on the web...
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 04-05-2008 at 08:27 PM. Reason: because I can whatcha gonna DO

Between back pain and poor balance due to scoliosis, I was never able to learn to drive, which is something I could really use now. I admire those of you who can.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

You need a good set of hand controls. Most of them work in a push towards the lap for acceleration and push towards the floor for braking method. All sorts of levers can be used on the end depending on what is most comfortable and safest for you. I have a set of MPD (Mobility Products Design) controls that I had a large ball shaped thingie put on the end of the lever so that I can just use my palm to push down. A steering knob is also advisable, and again there are lots of different styles. There is the basic knob, and a design for tetra's with a U shaped device that attaches to the steering wheel you can slip your hand into. Google for all sorts of distributors.