Thread: Dilantin anyone?

Dilantin anyone?

My doctor wants me to try Dilantin and I was wondering what to expect. I've been taking 2700 mg Neurontin a day for years and now adding this. Before starting a new medication I like to hear what others have experienced.

He also mentioned possibly switching from Neurontin to Lyrica. I like to try one thing at a time before making another change.

Doing time

My mom took dilantin for many years for a seizure disorder. In her case the only side effect was a slight hypertrophy of the gums. It is wise to be very diligent about oral hygiene if this occurs.

P.S. I like seeing the flag in your avatar. If I may be so nosy, are you a veteran like me?
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13
    My mom took dilantin for many years for a seizure disorder. In her case the only side effect was a slight hypertrophy of the gums. It is wise to be very diligent about oral hygiene if this occurs.

P.S. I like seeing the flag in your avatar. If I may be so nosy, are you a veteran like me?
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am an Air Force vet. The picture is taken from my VA ID card.

doing time

I was A.F. too. But I was in during Vietnam, probably many years before you were born. VA is good to me. I don't know what I would do without them.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

dilaudid don't help neuro pain. i took 4mg every 8 hrs for 3 months. it didn't do much at all for my back pain. even tried 2 or 3 at a time. i've been thru a buncha different pain meds though.