Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair movies

Wheelchair movies

Other than Murder ball, anyone know any good wheelchair movies?
    Go Georgia Bulldogs

if you like old tear jerker chick flick types- try " The other side of the mountain" (1975?)
    sappy, but pretty cool, and shows just how far things have come, and how some things never change
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073496/
    Deborah

"The Waterdance" is pretty good, imo....

http://imdb.com/title/tt0105789/

@ "wheelchair movies"

Here are a few I liked, some comedy, some action, some drama, some sad, some happy, some both (in no particular order)...

• The Ex
    • The Waterdance
    • Passion Fish
    • Rory O'Shea Was Here
    • The Sea Inside
    • Million Dollar Baby
    • X-Men
    • X-2: X-Men United
    • X-Men: The Last Stand
    • Monkey Shines

About Monkey Shines:(From imdb.com) When Allan becomes a quadriplegic he loses all hope for living until he meets Ella - a monkey trained to fetch and carry for him around the house, obeying him in all things. But Ella is part of another experiment, and when she starts responding to Allan's underlying rage and frustration she has the ability to carry our her master's darkest wishes.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 03-25-2008 at 04:46 PM.

....Of course there was Hedi, Rocky horror,LOL....
    but really, I liked the 'bone collector' with Denzel washinton
    Deborah

Don't leave out the Southpark movie starring the Timmer.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Ohhh, yeah! South Park and The Bone Collector!

Love Affair 1994

Love Affair, 1994, Warren Beatty and Annette Bening, Katharine Hepburn.

Mike Gambril (Beatty) is a womanizing ex-jock turned sportscaster who's just become engaged to media magnate Lynn Weaver (Kate Capshaw). During a plane trip to Sydney, Mike meets Terry McKay (Bening), a likeable musician/singer who's on the way to Sydney to decorate her fiancé's boat.

As fate would have it, the plane goes down on an island in the Pacific and Mike and Terry end up spending time together on their way back to the states. After a visit to Mike's crazy Aunt Ginny (Katharine Hepburn), Terry finally succumbs to Mike's charms and they have a torrid two day love affair.

After returning to New York, they vow that they'll spend three months with no contact with each other to put their lives together and, if they want the affair to continue, they'll meet on the observation deck of the Empire State Building. They vow that if either of them doesn't show, then they'll simply accept the fact that it wasn't meant to be and get on with their lives.

Three months pass, and during that time Mike has broken things off with Lynn and taken a coaching job in Pennsylvania. Meanwhile, Terry has broken off her relationship with Ken (Pierce Brosnan) and gained employment as a music teacher at a grade school. All is going well until Mike shows up at the Empire State Building and Terry gets hit by a car a block from their rendezvous.

Dejected, Mike returns to his life, wondering what exactly happened, and Terry, paralyzed from the waist down, vows that Mike will never see her in this condition. Things get even more complicated when Mike begins dating Lynn again while Ken is helping Terry convalesce and the two couples have a chance encounter at a charity function.

The last scene of the movie, the apartment scene on Christmas Eve, Terry’s students stop by to sing her, “Wish you a Merry Christmas.” Terry is in a ‘chair draped by a hooded gown which covers the back of the ‘chair. After the children leave, Terry’s care attendant opens the door to leave and Mike shows up to give Terry a scarf from Aunt Ginny. Mike and Terry talk about their meeting at the Empire State Building. Mike is flying out an ocean away this evening. While saying, “Good bye!” at the door he turns around and says to Terry, “I painted you wearing that scarf, I don’t know what happen to it …”

The writers and producer of the movie handle the wheelchair part of the scene where they plant the thought in your mind but don’t say wheelchair or disability. This last scene is very well done and is very captivating.

titanium4motion

Christopher Reeve did a TV remake of Rear Window in 1998. As I rememer it was good, but the reveiw for it here didn't agree. Looks like it is available if you want to see it bad enough to order it.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166322/
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow." - Mario Andretti

Born on the 4th of July...with Tom Cruise I think was the name of the movie....Anyone know the name of the movie with Paul Hogan, Linda Kozlowski...about a guy in a chair that cuts his leg and die's from it....and Paul Hogan comes back to heaven to help the guy.....I had it on tivo and when it died...the tivo....lost it and can't remember the name of the movie...any help would be greatly apprecated..

Art
    Art